The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Most Ridiculous Lie

Nelson Hayward in Candidate For Crime telling the tale about getting shot at in the hotel room. Columbo actually seemed a bit angry that Hayward thought he was dumb enough to fall for that.

Re: Re: Re: Most Ridiculous Lie

My favorite lies are the ones where the murderer tries to convince Columbo that some strange action on their part was due to "shock" or "pure instinct". Examples: Ken Franklin opening his mail, Dr. Mayfield winding his clock, or Bart Keppel turning on the tape recorder. Columbo doesn't buy those excuses for a second.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Most Ridiculous Lie

I vote for Joe Devlin's showing up at the pier and then trying to tell Columbo he's there because he got interested in the code numbers on the paper and started investigating the murder himself! LOL!

Re: Most Ridiculous Lie

"Suction"

The heater was busted on the plane
Which caused the windows to fog up
Which caused Tommy to have to open the window(s)
Which caused suction to suck all the charts and maps out the window(s)
Which supposedly explains why there are no ashes in the pilot's briefcase

Re: Most Ridiculous Lie

. . . especially in a non-pressurized cabin as I'm sure that little crate didn't have.

Another good one is Jose Ferrer's assumption that a criminal would know the chemical formula for heroine.