The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rex's DVDS

As many of you know, Rex has from time to time mentioned that he has good quality dvds available for a low price. Well, I took him up on the offer and ordered How To Dial A Murder...and the Canadian 90minute version of Etude in Black. The quality of these dvds is really great...and he packages them really nicely..and gets them to you real quick. So if you don't want to wait for episodes from the later seasons to be released on dvd I would highly recommend The Rex Library. The 2 dvds that I got also include 2 different versions of the NBC Mystery Movie intro with the guy with the flashlight...Universal doesn't even offer that.
I haven't seen Dial in quite sometime...and to hear Dr. Mason say that beautiful line.."Let's run away and be Indians, Charlie." again was music to my ears.
I was pleasantly surprised with the Etude dvd....to my joy there are actually snippets of scenes which I have never seen before! Different dialogue and camera angles...actual 'new' footage!! It is amazing to me... the biggest differences come in that chopstix scene when Columbo goes to the Bowl with the typewriter. But throughout the whole episode, if you are very observant, there are many differences. Since this episode is etched on my brain I really noticed a lot of them. Boy!! What a treasure this one is for me!
Well, check it out if you wish...I am sure you won't be disappointed.

(Um...Rex?......Where is that 10 bucks you promised me???? )

Re: Rex's DVDS

Sorry to say this Cass but i wouldn't advise this sort of post. For rex's sake more than anything. He could get into trouble.
I don't want to kick up a fuss and say things like 'Piracy is wrong.. off with his head' I'll be the first to admit that i'm no angel in this department. Just think the less attention the better for this sort of thing.

WD

OOPS!! Faux Pas Alert!! I guess, as I read over it again just now...I realize it really wasn't a good idea to post it. But I did ask Rex if it was ok first.
Well....maybe no one else will look at it!!

Re: Re: Rex's DVDS

Cassavettes did have my permission to post this. The idea is to get episodes into the hands of the really big Columbo fans without having to wait another year or more before they all get released. I'm sure we'll all buy the Universal releases as they get released as well. I know I like to have those nice boxes on the shelf myself.

In Fact Everybody, I have an offer for all of you.
A Free DVD of the episode "Candidate for Crime" with Jackie Cooper (Third Season) with the original NBC Mystery Movie intro to the first 25 of you to email me. Just email me your address (US only) and I'll send you one....FREE! Then if you'd like to get more, you can. How is that?

Re: Re: Re: Rex's DVDS

Sounds GREAT Rex!

Well if Rex ok'd it then he can't be too bothered

WD

WD, I don't know how this works....but do you think Ted could delete it? I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

I, for one, am not looking

thanks paul....

thanks rex

...and thanks WD.....

and thank you linesmen, thank you ballboys..

Very Funny Mark!!!! I guess I did get a bit carried away with the thank yous!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH REX!!