The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 'GREEN ACRES' STAR EDDIE ALBERT DIES AT 99

Heres a link with a bit about Eddie Albert and other Hollywood heros.
http://carol_fus.tripod.com/army_hero_hollywood.html

Re: Re: 'GREEN ACRES' STAR EDDIE ALBERT DIES AT 99

Pigfish, this is a great and very interesting site!I never knew he was awarded a Bronze Star. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Re: Re: 'GREEN ACRES' STAR EDDIE ALBERT DIES AT 99

"Dead Weight" was one of the best episodes of the "Columbo" series. Truly sad news to hear of Eddie Albert's passing. Now only villains Robert Culp and Susan Clark remain from Season 1.

Eddie Albert-War Hero-RIP

He truly was a great American and a real gentleman. Too bad we don't have actors today of his character and caliber.

Mrs. Peck...I remember way back when you spoke about his military career and what a hero he truly was. It is quite an inspiring story.

Ditto! Just watched that episode in his memory. R.I.P. Eddie

I watched "Dead Weight" in Eddie Albert's memory last night and noticed something I had not noticed before. In the scene where Columbo first appears, he never closes his car door, does he?

Loved his character in "Roman Holiday". Actually inspired me to grow a beard like him for a while.
Thanks for the memories Eddie.

LeeeeeeeeeSaaaaaaaaa! Did he ever win an emmy for "Green Acres"? Was he ever even nominated? He certainly should have been - and should have won. What an incredible slow burn and then BLAST! He really pulled off the May/December romance with Suzanne Pleshette in "Dead Weight" as well. A terrific actor!

I just finished watching ,"Dead Weight", which is one of my favorites. I watched it in memory of Eddie Albert. I enjoyed seeing it again and at the same time it brought a tear to my eye.
R.I.P. Eddie.

Re: Re: Re: 'GREEN ACRES' STAR EDDIE ALBERT DIES AT 99

Lets not forget he was the nasty Warden in the orginal "The Longest Yard"