The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Columbo goof?

I've just been reading the Columbo goofs and realised that one I think I spotted isn't in there. It's in 'A Matter Of Honour' and is when Columbo goes to talk to the drunken worker quite early on in the episode. I haven't seen it for a while but am sure he asks something about 'the murderer' when everyone still thinks it was an unfortunate accident, and the guy doesn't pick him up on it. Does this count?

Re: Another Columbo goof?

Thats probably just columbo being columbo. Isnt he always doing that?

God bless,

Matthew

I don't remember this, so I will have to look to see.

Your description, though, reminds me of something I wondered about in "Candidate for Crime." In the parking garage, after Hayward has switched jackets with Harry Stone, the security detail races after Stone, thinking he is Hayward. As they are running to their cars, they seem to be yelling, "Senator! Senator!"

But Hayward isn't yet a senator. He is only a candidate for the senate, so their calling out to him that way seems to me to be a mistake.

Here's a "goof" that isn't really a goof.

In the episode "Murder With Too Many Notes," Findley Crawford puts some knock-out drugs in young Gabriel McEnery's glass of wine. Gabriel drinks the wine and gets all woozie. He drops the fancy wine glass. It falls to the ground and SMASH!!! It breaks into about 1,000 teeny tiny little pieces.

A few minutes later, Findley needs to clean up that mess made by the broken wine glass. He bends down to clean it up and WA-LAH! The smashed wine glass has reassembled itself into about five large broken pieces.

Goof or not?

I sent this to Ted quite awhile ago. He replied that this wasn't so much a goof as it was a necessity to the production. He's right. Findley, nor the production crew, had time to waste sweeping up a 1,000 pieces of broken glass.

I do get a kick out of seeing this each time I watch the episode though. I can't help but feel proud of myself for having noticed this little tidbit of info.

Feel Proud O Mighty Headache! Feel Very Proud!

(i've never seen the episode..so i really can't comment on it...but i believe you. )