The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Quotes Puzzlers #40, 41, 42, 43, 44 & 45

Hello everyone (Cassa, Laura, David & Paul!) I was going to post the answers a couple of nights ago, but for some reason, when I hit the "Reply" button, the website didn't want to let me actually reply. Maybe it was my computer? Anywho...

Lots of correct answers, and a couple of good guesses. Here are the answers.

"No, what I was wondering about was, uh, how you put those things on?"

Yes, Columbo says this one to Viveca Scott in "Lovely, But Lethal". He's questioning her about her fake beauty mark mole.

----------

"I'm just eh, trying to tie up loose ends. You see, I'm compulsive that way. It's just eh, well that's what my wife says about it."

This does indeed come from "Lady In Waiting."

----------

"I said, suppose it was you. I'm not saying it was you, sir. No, I was just thinking out loud."

Yes Cassa, there is an Alex Benedict. And that is who Columbo spoke the above line to right when you said he did in "Etude In Black."

----------

"Myself, I'm partial to peanut butter and jelly. But don't get caught up in the food and forget to come back."

Excellent work spotting that this quote is from Peter Falk himself in his welcome on his own website! But yes, the True "Columbo" quote was...

"It's true, I am in the market for a pair of shoes, and I was caught by the style. But they're not my size."

Columbo did say this to little Abigail Mitchell when she offered him her dead nephews shoes. Gross.

----------

"He said, and he repeated this. He said, technically, you're within the law."

Yep, this was from the episode, "An Exercise In Fatality." Columbo said it to Milo Janus regarding how he ran his operations.

----------

The line, "Crime is common, sir. Logic, well that's rare." is not a Columbo quote. It's a Columbo-ized version of a Sherlock Holmes quote to Dr. Watson. The True Columbo quote was...

"Oh, there's nothing dreamy about you, sir."

And yes, this is from "How To Dial A Murder". Columbo says it to the bad doctor as they walk from the house. That is one of my truly favorite of all Columbo lines from all 69 episodes!

----------

So there you have it. That's the end of the Columbo Quotes Puzzlers. I hope those who played along had as much fun as I did researching the quotes and creating the puzzles. And now for something completely different...

BRAVO! BRAVO!! BRAVO!!! Headache!!

Thanks, Headache. Superlative job, as usual.

Great work Headache...Can't wait to tackle the last words!