The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?

It would have been interesting to sit in on "Ransom For a Dead Man" and "Rest in Peace, Mrs. Columbo."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?

Cassa, I just can't help myself but I would have to agree with you 100%, and I would like to add that I think I would've also liked being on the set of, "Etude In Black" because just to watch Peter and John working with each other and being as close as they were in real life would have been a fantastic treat to say the least for me! I think a lot of fun was had by all during the filming of that show. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of Peter's favorite episodes!

Re: Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?

My wife was visiting Charleston, South Carolina (long before we met). Her friend who lived there said that the local newspapers
were saying that they were filming a Columbo episode at the Citadel military academy. It was "By Dawn's Early Light". They came and the film crew allowed visitors to watch. My wife snapped a picture of the scene near the end where Columbo holds up his hands and tells the cadets to remain where they are. Unfortunately, Patrick McGoohan's face is obscured.
We treasure that photo and our kids show it to their friends!

Re: Re: Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?

YM, is there anyway you can share that picture with all of us in this forum? Your wife is one lucky girl!

Re: Re: Re: Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?

My choice? "Dagger Of The Mind" just to go on location to England, and also to see one of my favorite Bond girls, Honor Blackman. :)

Re: Which Episode(s) would you have liked to sat in on while being filmed?

Oooooooh, good question. Good question.

I'd have liked to have been present for the production of "Prescription: Murder" just to see how it all began. To see Levinson, Link and Falk getting the Columbo ball rolling... That'd it be something!

I would have enjoying being present for "Murder By The Book" for the same reason Jilted Barfly gave. To see Steven Speilberg in action before he became a directing star, would be incredible. I also could have taken some lessons in "Cool" from the man himself, Jack Cassidy!

I would have liked to have been around for "Dead Weight" so that I could have met and stared at Suzanne Pleshette. OOH, LA, LA!

I also would have enjoyed "Dagger Of The Mind" for the trip to London! I say, I say! What's all this then?!

"Double Shock" would have been cool to see. Martin Landau is one of my favorite actors. I could have asked him about his work on "Mission: Impossible" as well as his time working with Alfred Hitchcock on "North By Northwest".

I would have helped Dick Vandyke kill that nasty old hag, Francis Galesko in "Negative Reaction". But seriously, I would have liked to have met Vandyke.

I'll agree with Cassa on "Troubled Waters" because I would have liked the cruise. Also, everyone on screen in that episode looks like they're having an absolute blast - especially Peter Falk!

I really would have enjoyed being on the set and the locations of "Columbo Cries Wolf" because of all the TOTALLY HOT CHIC... Uh. Because of all the very professional young actresses who worked very diligently toward the success of the episode.

I very much would like to get into a TARDIS and travel back in time to the moment the "go-ahead" was given by the studio to put the episode, "No Time To Die" into production. Just so that I could STOP them all from making such a terrible, horrific mistake.

"Ashes To Ashes" would also be one of the episodes I would have liked to have witnessed the making of. Falk and Patrick McGoohan look like they're having another one of those blasts during the production.

When it comes right down to it, I would very much have enjoyed seeing any "Columbo" episode just to see Peter Falk in action. Not to mention all those incredibly talented production crews!