The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo - Famous Last Words - # 11 - 20

Here are the next ten "Columbo - Famous Last Words" questions from everybody's favorite pain, me, Headache2112.

----------
#11.

Only one of the following four choices was actually the final word spoken by a murder victim. Which word? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. Window
B. Door
C. Desk
D. Chair

----------
#12:

The final utterance of two murder victims was the same letter of the English alphabet. What letter was it and which two victims spoke it? In which episodes did this occur?

----------
#13:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken as the last words of a murder victim. Which is the correct choice? Which victim spoke the words and in which episode?

A. "Good morning."
B. "Good afternoon."
C. "Good evening."
D. "Good night."

----------
#14:

Which murder victim's final sentence before they died was, "Well, better than nothing." ?

----------
#15:

From the episode, "Old Fashioned Murder," which of the following four choices was security guard Milton Schaffer's final sentence on Earth?

A. "Miss Lytton, I did everything you said."
B. "You sure this is gonna work, Miss Lytton?"
C. "I'm kind of worried, Miss Lytton."
D. "Miss Lytton, what are you doing here?"

----------
#16:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken by a murder victim as their final on screen sentence on Earth. Which is the correct sentence? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. "Just found yourself a whole lot of trouble."
B. "Get yourself killed that way."
C. "Who do you think you are?"
D. "What do you think you're doing here?"

----------
#17:

Only one murder victim spoke the name of a non-murderous loved one as their final word on Earth. What was the name? Who said it and in which episode?

----------
#18:

Only one of the following four choices were the actual final three words spoken by a murder victim. Which are the correct three words? Who spoke them and in which episode?

A. "...there's no button."
B. "...there's no light."
C. "...there's no question."
D. "...there's no book."

----------
#19:

From the episode, "Now You See Him," which of the following four choices were murder victim Jesse Jerome's final three words on Earth?

A. "How did you..."
B. "What are you..."
C. "I don't have..."
D. "You can't be..."

----------
#20:

Only one of the following four choices was a word spoken by a murder victim within their final sentence on Earth. Which is the correct word? Who said it and in which episode?

A. Finances
B. Account
C. Banker
D. Wealth

----------

Those are questions #11 - #20! Good luck fellow Columboites. Have fun and keep looking up!

Re: Columbo - Famous Last Words - # 11 - 20

#14 was Ida Lupino from Swan Song, referring to the coffee.

I think the answer to #15 is D, "What are you doing here?"

Re: Re: Columbo - Famous Last Words - # 11 - 20

#11 "Window" was spoken in "Publish or Perish."

#12 The word "I" comes to mind because it is the most popular word in the English language and may have been the last word of Paul Williams in "Ransom For a Dead Man." However, I cannot think of the other episode.

#13 "Good night" is my guess. "Playback" perhaps?

#14 "Better than nothing" was spoken by Edna Brown in "Swan Song"

#15 "Kind of worried" is my guess.

#16 "Get yourself killed that way" is from the classic "Blueprint For Murder," spoken by Bo Williamson. However, we do not know that it was his last words on earth because who really knows what was said in that shed, if anything?

#17 I could not get this one. "Prescription: Murder" comes to mind because Carol Flemming's last word way "Ray." However, he was murderous.

#18 "there's no book" was spoken by Karl Donner in "A Deadly State of Mind"

#19 "How did you.."

#20 Being an accountant, it is frustrating to be stumped by the financial-related choices in this one.

Good Day.

Ohh...these are going to be hard! Yum.

I agree with E's answers. And I think #16 is from "Blueprint for Murder"--it's the victim's response to Markham's being in the back seat of his car.

Okay...gotta go think some more. I love having something to do besides work on a Tuesday.

Well, this is cheating, but if you consider the letter of the alphabet, "u," to be the word "you," the answer to the alphabet question would be the two victims in Double Shock (noted in the last quiz) who said "thank you."

But i know that's not what you're getting at.

I agree with E's answers...and also David's #11, #16 and #19
I know the last thing Jenifer Welles says in Etude is 'K' as in ok...so maybe that applies to #12.
#17 is I believe from Mind Over Mayhem when Professor Nicholson is in the driveway and he calls out his wife's name Margaret.

...and to go along with my 'K' theory I will say the other one for #12 is Edmund..from Try and Catch Me...when he is putting the wills in the safe...he says o'k'. (I think, ok?... )

That is very funny laura because I was thinking the same thing!!! But the one I was thinking of was Bertie from Bye-Bye...he says to Oliver "I'm talking to you!"

Yeah, the only one I can really confirm is the answer of A to #19 - Jesse was asking Santini how he got into his office.

I thought 11 might have been from Fade into Murder, when Clare says something like, "I am going to walk out of the door"...just a guess though..

It was a good guess Paul...but Mickey Spillane, in Publish or Perish says the thing about the 'window' when he is dictating his novel into the tape recorder..... .....but come to think about it...Clare does say something about the door, doesn't she??

How's the honeymoon going??

Good thanks Cassa, now in the UK, much hotter here than in Ecuador!!

Finally gonna post the answers... elsewhere...