The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo-Famous Last Words - # 21 - 30

Here are the next 10 questions of "Columbo - Famous Last Words". Remember, these questions deal with only the first 45 Columbo episodes.

----------
#21:

From the episode, "Playback," which of the following four choices were the last two sentences spoken by murder victim Margaret Midas?

A. "You won't spend another nickel of my money. Now go to bed."

B. "He'll be placed in charge tomorrow morning. You're finished here."

C. "Your resignation by breakfast. Don't disappoint me."

D. "We'll talk more in the morning. I want to listen to my music now."

----------
#22:

Only one of the following four choices is a true sentence spoken by a murder victim as their last sentence on Earth. Which is the correct sentence? Who said it and in which episode?

A. "What are you doing down here?"
B. "Why is it so dark down here?"
C. "Why did you lead me down here?"
D. "What is that doing down here?"

----------
#23:

From the episode, "Lady In Waiting," which of the following four choices was murder victim Bryce Chadwick's final three words on Earth?

A. "Why would you..."
B. "Beth, didn't you..."
C. "It's the strangest..."
D. "I was ringing..."

----------
#24:

Two murder victims, in their final three sentences, spoke the word "I" five times. Who were the two victims and in which episodes did this occur? (For one answer, these three sentences were their final "on screen" words. For the other answer, these three sentences were their very final words.)

----------
#25:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken as a murder victim's final word on Earth. Which is the correct word? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. Looney
B. Crazy
C. Dastardly
D. Rabbit

----------
#26:

Which murder victim, in their final sentence on Earth, spoke the words, "pull over"?

----------
#27:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken as a murder victims final word on Earth. Which is the correct word? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. Idea
B. Dangerous
C. Institute
D. Problem

----------
#28:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken by a murder victim as their final sentence on Earth. Which is the correct sentence? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. "There's nothing we can do about it now."
B. "I plan to live for a long, long time."
C. "I'd like to see you try to do something about it."
D. "You don't have what it takes, my friend."

----------
#29:

From the episode, "Negative Reaction," which of the following four choices were Francis Galesko's final words on Earth?

A. "At once!"
B. "Untie me!"
C. "They'll know!"
D. "You fool!"

----------
#30:

Only two murder victims final on screen words were spoken to Columbo himself. Who were the two victims? In which episodes did this occur?

----------

There you have the next 10 questions of "Columbo - Famous Last Words". I, Headache2112, hope you have fun figuring out the answers - right or wrong!

Re: Columbo-Famous Last Words - # 21 - 30

Yay...another batch of excellent questions! These are guesses based on a first look. Lots to still think about here. Thanks Headache!

C. "Your resignation by breakfast. Don't disappoint me."

#22:
A. "What are you doing down here?" spoken by Geronimo to Nelson Brenner on the beach. Nelson replied, "taking the air" and smacks him with a tire iron.

#27:
D. Problem--In "Dead Weight," Eddie Albert says "You present me with a problem," and I think the murder victim repeats "problem" before he is shot.

#28:
B. "I plan to live for a long, long time."
I'm not sure, but I think this could be from "An Exercise in Fatality" just before Milo Janus chases the murder victim out of the office onto those nicely polished floors.

#29:
From the episode, "Negative Reaction," which of the following four choices were Francis Galesko's final words on Earth?
B. "Untie me!"

Re: Re: Columbo-Famous Last Words - # 21 - 30

Laura: While I agree with your #21 answer, I don't think your answer to 27 is right. I'm fairly sure Hollister's last words to Dutton before he shoots him is something along the lines of "I can't take that risk," meaning that (and I'm fairly sure this is the case) Dutton's last words were a protest that he wouldn't give away Hollister.

I tend to agree with your answer for #28 - the line definitely sounds familiar - but it's not from "Exercise," that I know.

Also, I wonder if one of #30's answers could be Charles Clay...?

Re: Re: Re: Columbo-Famous Last Words - # 21 - 30

#21 C Playback: "Resignation by breakfast..."

#22 A "What are you doing down here?" is from
"Identity Crisis."

#23 D "I was ringing.." were the last words in
"Lady in Waiting."

#24 This one stumps me, probably because the word
"I" is used so often in the English language
that it becomes very unnoticeable.

#25 B "Crazy" is from "Candidate For Crime."
Harry Stone says, "Nelse, this is crazy."

#26 "pull over" is a phrase in Quincy's "Short
Fuse" last words: "You want me to PULL OVER
and open that for you?"

#27 Another stumper. My guess, based on the
choices, was that it was from "Mind Over
Mayhem." However, the previous analysis of
"Dead Weight" stands correct ("You present
me with a problem?" "PROBLEM?" "You assure
me that my name will never come in to this,
that you'll be my protector. I'm afraid I
can't take that risk.")

#28 B The "live long" line is correct for "An
Exercise in Fatality."

#29 B "Untie me!"

#30 Very clever question. Apparently the two
correct answers are Harry Alexander in
"A Stitch in Crime" and Charles Clay in
"Last Salute to the Commodore."

However, another technical issue (which
understandably would not count) is that there
is one more in which Columbo heard the
victims' last words by way of a tape
recording ("Short Fuse.") Would not count.
Not said directly to Columbo. Just a trivial
note.

EEK! I guess I got on here a little late! Most of them have been answered....Great job guys!!!!

Cassa... I'll put it this way... you can start concentrating on question #24!

As to all the other guesses... Laura... David... WOW! I thought for certain #30 (who spoke their final words to Columbo himself) was going to keep you people scratching your heads. I certainly was wrong!

So who ever figures out the two answers to #24 will really be the Columbo master! (The one who was killed immediately after speaking those final three sentences should be pretty easy to figure out.)

I'll let you all ponder #24 another couple of days and then get on here with the next batch of questions.

Good job everyone!

You are such a tease, Headache!!

I'm gonna guess at the bye bye sky high..just because Bertie (that is the victim's name right?) kind of stutters and stammers and could probably have said I five times altogther. And also I don't think that episode has been used yet. And Cassa, now you know what its like to come when most of the answers have been got...but now you have to tell everyone that you knew them anyway..

Re: Re: Columbo-Famous Last Words - # 21 - 30

Okay. Here is my final attempt at #24.......

Trying to remember as best I can in review of the 45 original episodes, the two I come up with as strong possibilities of the victim using five "I"'s in their last three sentences are "Murder By the Book" and "Requiem For a Falling Star." Hopefully at least one of these two is correct.

Hey Paul...you are right...I do know how you feel!!!

(but confidentially...ssshh...i'm whispering.....i really didn't know many of these....don't tell anyone....)

I'm going to post the answers now. Elsewhere...

Yippee!!! Even though I added absolutely nothing..nada..to this!!!!