The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Famous Last Words #21-#30 / Answers

And I thought these were going to be more difficult for you all. HAH! Only one teeny tiny answer was not uncovered.

----------
#21:

From the episode, "Playback," which of the following four choices were the last two sentences spoken by murder victim Margaret Midas?

A. "You won't spend another nickel of my money. Now go to bed."

B. "He'll be placed in charge tomorrow morning. You're finished here."

C. "Your resignation by breakfast. Don't disappoint me."

D. "We'll talk more in the morning. I want to listen to my music now."

Laura got this one right away and David knew it too.

Answer: The final words spoken by Margaret Midas to her son-in-law were, C. "Your resignation by breakfast. Don't disappoint me." A short while later, her son-in-law disappointed her big time.

----------
#22:

Only one of the following four choices is a true sentence spoken by a murder victim as their last sentence on Earth. Which is the correct sentence? Who said it and in which episode?

A. "What are you doing down here?"
B. "Why is it so dark down here?"
C. "Why did you lead me down here?"
D. "What is that doing down here?"

Laura got this one correct immediately as well, and again, David knew it too.

Answer: A. "What are you doing down here?" This was spoken by "Geronimo" in the episode, "Identity Crisis" to his murderer, Nelson Brenner.

----------
#23:

From the episode, "Lady In Waiting," which of the following four choices was murder victim Bryce Chadwick's final three words on Earth?

A. "Why would you..."
B. "Beth, didn't you..."
C. "It's the strangest..."
D. "I was ringing..."

David got this one.

Answer: D. "I was ringing..." - Bryce Chadwick's final words were, "Why didn't you answer? I was ringing..." He then heard gunshots ring out. (He felt them, too.)

----------
#24:

Two murder victims, in their final three sentences, spoke the word "I" five times. Who were the two victims and in which episodes did this occur? (For one answer, these three sentences were their final "on screen" words. For the other answer, these three sentences were their very final words.)

This was the question that stumped everyone. Paul guessed Bertie Hastings from "Bye-Bye, Sky-High..." But that isn't correct. David guessed "Murder By The Book" and "Requiem For A Falling Star". He was half right!

Answer: In the episode, "Requiem For A Falling Star," the last three on screen sentences spoken by Jean Davis were, "I guess I can. I - I - I am sorry. About everything." Then, in the episode, "Publish Or Perish," the last three sentences spoken by Eddie Kane were, "I got - I got this funny..." - "I, I don't know. I..."

----------
#25:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken as a murder victim's final word on Earth. Which is the correct word? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. Looney
B. Crazy
C. Dastardly
D. Rabbit

David was looney enough to get the dastardly answer to this question which couldn't frighten a rabbit.

Answer: B. Crazy - In the episode, "Candidate For Crime," Harry Stone's final words were, "Nels, this is crazy." Actually, it was more so Nels that was crazy.

----------
#26:

Which murder victim, in their final sentence on Earth, spoke the words, "pull over"?

David got this one very quickly as well. I thought this one might have been somewhat tricky. It wasn't.

Answer: Limousine driver and right-hand man Quincy spoke these words within his final sentence in the episode, "Short Fuse". His final sentence, heard on tape, was: "Want me to pull over and open that for you?"

----------
#27:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken as a murder victims final word on Earth. Which is the correct word? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. Idea
B. Dangerous
C. Institute
D. Problem

Laura figured out the problem with this question!

Answer: D. Problem - In the episode, "Dead Weight," victim Colonel Roger Dutton's final words on Earth were, "No sir, I drove. Why?" - "Problem?"

----------
#28:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken by a murder victim as their final sentence on Earth. Which is the correct sentence? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. "There's nothing we can do about it now."
B. "I plan to live for a long, long time."
C. "I'd like to see you try to do something about it."
D. "You don't have what it takes, my friend."

Laura answered this one correctly too. David knew it also.

Answer: B. "I plan to live for a long, long time." Victim Gene Stafford says this to Milo Janus just before Milo kills him in the episode, "An Exercise In Fatality." His plan was a huge failure.

----------
#29:

From the episode, "Negative Reaction," which of the following four choices were Francis Galesko's final words on Earth?

A. "At once!"
B. "Untie me!"
C. "They'll know!"
D. "You fool!"

Laura answered this one correctly right away. Again, David knew it too.

Answer: B. "Untie me!" Mrs. Galesko's final words to husband Paul were, "Untie me. Untie me!" Apparently, he misheard the word "untie" as "shoot".

----------
#30:

Only two murder victims final on screen words were spoken to Columbo himself. Who were the two victims? In which episodes did this occur?

I was so certain that this would stump everyone. Leaper got one of the answers and David got the other!

Answer: In the episode, "A Stitch In Crime," Harry Alexander's final on screen words, "Yeah, I met him once or twice at the hospital." - "No." were spoken to Columbo. Then, in the episode, "Last Salute To The Commodore," Charles Clay's final on screen words, "I simply could not have returned without them seeing me." were spoken to Columbo.

We do actually see Charles Clay alive again after his words with Columbo. He is sitting at the yacht club late at night while Columbo and the diver conduct their under water travelling experiment. However, Clay doesn't utter any words at that point. Of course, we also see Harry Alexander alive again after he has his words with Columbo. Harry never gets to say anything before Dr. Mayfield knocks him out and drugs him. He does do a bit of moaning though.

----------
Is this fun or what?! You people are Columbo-ish-ous! Here come questions #31 - #40!

Re: Famous Last Words #21-#30 / Answers

Reading your answers are almost as fun as trying to figure out the quotes!!!!

Re: Famous Last Words #21-#30 / Answers

terrific....just terrific.