The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: John Fiedler dies aged 80

Ted you took the words right out of my mouth...I was also going to say he was the voice of Piglet and that Paul Winchell...Tigger...had just died also. I used to love Winchell's show...with the puppets Knucklehead and Jerry Mahoney.

Re: Re: John Fiedler dies aged 80

He also performed in supporting roles alongside Sidney Poitier on Broadway, and John Wayne in "True Grit" as Lawyer Taggett in Hollywood. He will be missed.

Re: Re: Re: John Fiedler dies aged 80

It is very sad to hear about the death of John Fiedler. He was terrific. Do not forget that his doctor's advice in "Blueprint For Murder" provided the catalyst for the notable ending to the episode, which could have been the ending of the entire series if the show was not brought back for a second season.

It is sad that ten of the twelve angry men have now passed on.

i knew he looked familiar, but i couldn't place where i had seen him before. thanks for reminding me it was bob hartley's therapy group! he was a delight.

I remember John for his work on " The Odd Couple " and " The Munsters "...He will be missed...

He was also on Rockford a few times as the coroner....he was a little sweetpea!

Anyone remember him playing Mr Hengist in the Star Trek episode "Wolf in the Fold"?

It would be interesting to see a list of TV shows from the 1960s and 1970s that John Fiedler wasn't in! It would probably be a very, very short list! He was hysterical on "The Bob Newhart Show", that's for certain!

Don't forget, Gordy the Ghoul in Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Played a morgue attendant who was always open to a bribe by Kolchak to impart some kind of crucial info on a recent monster victim.

That's right Mark....remember when he bribed him for a new color TV??

Classic stuff, shame he wasn't in more episodes. Shame the show didn't go longer. Shame it's not on dvd...

I agree. The Sci Fi Channel sometimes runs a bunch of episodes in one day...sort of a mini-marathon.