The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
While we wait for Headache... Famous Last Words 40.1

I just thought of a question I thought was interesting, so I figured I'd present it. I apologize profusely to Headache if I end up stepping on his toes!

We all know by now, partially thanks to Headache, that Randy Matthews is the only Columbo victim to appear on screen alive, and not have any lines before their death. However, second place is just as clear as first: there is a Columbo victim whose last living word on screen was their ONLY living word.

Name that word.

Hint/Clarification...

I just realized that my answer could be nitpicked. Thus, I will say, by way of a hint and clarification, that I only count words out of Columbo victims that are distinctly and totally theirs.

I leave it to y'all to figure out what that means. :)

Re: While we wait for Headache... Famous Last Words 40.1

Well....your Hint/Clarification only confused the heck out of me.
I just went through the titles of the original 45 and I can't seem to see the answer...baffling!!

Re: Re: While we wait for Headache... Famous Last Words 40.1

I think I know the answer. Tricky question because the word is not said within the same scene in which the victim gets killed.

As I recall, victim Maryann Cobb's one and only line in "Swan Song," consisting of one word, is "Sixteen."

Re: Re: Re: While we wait for Headache... Famous Last Words 40.1

Very good, David!

As you now see, my hint/clarification was to exclude her singing from her "lines," especially given that the actress was probably lip-synching those the entire time. :)

If I think of any more, I'll pass 'em along!

Oh why David! I didn't even think of her.

Thanks a lot! My best question from my last batch of questions... RUINED!!!

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Poor little Headache....