The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Famous Last Words #41 - #54 - Answers

Since Cassa called me lazy and stupid and a nimcompoop and an Alex Benedict lover and several other horribly hateful things which made me cry (which I will not repeat here) - for not providing my own answers to the final "Famous Last Words #41 - #54" questions, I'll go ahead and post my official answers now.

Sorry Cassa and everybody else who were waiting for my official answers. Here they are.

----------
#41:

While there was one "Columbo" murder victim who spoke not a single word prior to being murdered (Uncle Rudy in "Suitable For Framing", there was one murder victim who in fact did speak just one single word prior to being murdered. Who was it and in which episode did this victim appear?

Answer: In the episode, "Swan Song," victim Maryann spoke only one word, her (prior) age, "Sixteen."

----------
#42:

Only one of the following four choices was actually spoken by a murder victim in their final sentence spoken on screen. Which is the correct word? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. Fork
B. Cup
C. Knife
D. Dish

Answer: D. Dish - In the episode, "By Dawn's Early Light," victim William Haynes' final sentence was: "Looks like the great warrior can dish it out, but he can't take it." The great warrior soon after really dished it out.

----------
#43:

Only one of the following four choices was actually the final sentence spoken by a murder victim. Which is the correct sentence? Who spoke it and in which episode?

A. "I don't think you have any choice."
B. "You better get it over with."
C. "Let's just finish this right now."
D. "I hope you know what you're doing."

Answer: A. "I don't think you have any choice." This was the final sentence spoken by victim Ric Carsini to his murderous brother, Adrian. Adrian then handed him the phone.

----------
#44:

From the episode, "Double Exposure," which of the following four choices were the final three words spoken by projectionist/murder victim Roger White?

A. "...are you kidding?'
B. "...come on now."
C. "...just stop that."
D. "...you're not serious."

Answer: B. "...come on now." Victim Roger White's final words were: "Don't - don't fool around with that. Doctor, come on now."

----------
#45:

Three murder victims spoke the name of their murderer as their final word. (Although one spoke the name off screen.) Which three victims spoke the names and in which episodes did this occur?

Answer: In the episode, "Prescription: Murder," victim Carol Flemming's final off screen word is said by a doctor to have been her husband's name, "Ray." (Her final on screen words were, "Oh? Our second honeymoon may be better than our first.") Then, in the episode, "Fade In To Murder," victim Claire Daley spoke, "Goodnight, Ward." as her final words. Then, in the episode, "How To Dial A Murder," victim Charlie Hunter spoke, "Rosebud. Eric." as his final words.

----------
#46:

From the episode, "The Most Crucial Game," which of the following four choices was murder victim Eric Wagner's final sentence on Earth?

A. "How'd you get here so..."
B. "What are you doing wearing that..."
C. "What are you doing with that..."
D. "What are you doing here in the..."

Answer: B. "What are you doing wearing that..." - Eric Wagner's final sentences were: "Paul? How'd you get here? What are you doing wearing that..." He was then put on ice.

----------
#47:

From the episode, "Lovely, But Lethal," which of the following four choices was murder victim Karl Lessing's final sentence on Earth?

A. "I bet you would just love for me to give..."
B. "You know, I would have given you..."
D. "Now quite frankly, I wouldn't give..."
D. "Not that I wouldn't have given you a piece..."

Answer: C. "Now quite frankly, I wouldn't give..." was Karl Lessing's final sentence prior to getting himself put under the microscope by his murderer, Viveca Scott.

----------
#48:

From the episode, "Suitable For Framing," which of the following four choices was murder victim Tracy O'Connor's final three words on Earth?

A. "When will I..."
B. "Alright, then I'll..."
C. "If I can't..."
D. "Then we'll be..."

Answer: A. "When will I..." were the last three words victim Tracy O'Connor oddly repeated before her murderer, Dale Kingston decided he was into hard rock.

(I know I've used that joke before, but I really get a kick out of it!)

----------
#49:

"Let go of me." and "Let go!" were the final words spoken by two murder victims. Who were the two victims? In which episodes did this occur?

Answer: In the episode, "Death Lends A Hand," victim Lenore Kennicut's final words were: "You let go of me. Let go!" Then, in the episode, "Dagger Of The Mind," victim Sir Roger Haversham's final words were: "Let go of me."

----------
#50:

From the episode, "Negative Reaction," which of the following four choices was murder victim Alvin Deschler's final sentence on Earth?

A. "Who could have done something - something like this?"
B. "You have any idea who - who took her?"
C. "What kind of person would - would do that?"
D. "Do you know any - anyone who could have done it?"

Answer: B. "You have any idea who - who took her?" was Alvin Deschler's final sentence.

----------
#51:

Which of the following four choices was the last sentence spoken by murder victim Dr. Henry Willis in the episode, "Forgotten Lady"?

A. "Your film will be starting in a few minutes."
B. "Thank-you very much, Raymond."
C. "I'm sorry Grace, but that is all that there is to it."
D. "Our life together hasn't been so bad, has it?"

Answer: A. "Your film will be starting in a few minutes." This was the last sentence spoken by Dr. Henry Willis to his wife, Grace Wheeler-Willis. His death then started just a few minutes later.

----------
#52:

Only two murder victims spoke the word "money" in their final sentence of their lives. Who were they? In which episodes did this occur?

Answer: In the episode, "The Greenhouse Jungle," victim Tony Goodland's final words were: "Money's what it takes - money's what she'll have." Then, in the episode, "A Friend In Deed," victim Margaret Halperin's final words were, "My money, my inheritance."

----------
#53:

Not including birds, how many total murder victims were there in the original 45 episodes of "Columbo"?

A. 55
B. 58
C. 61
D. 64

Answer: C. There were 61 victims in the original 45 episodes. (A bird named Chopin was a murder victim in the episode, "Etude In Black".)

----------
#54:

Which of the following four choices is the most common name for a "Columbo" murder victim from the original 45 episodes?

A. Charles
B. Harry
C. Margaret
D. Roger

Answer: D. Roger - Three murder victims from the original 45 "Columbo" episodes were named Roger. Colonel Roger Dutton ("Dead Weight"), Sir Roger Haversham ("Dagger Of The Mind"), and projectionist Roger White ("Double Exposure"). Two victims were named Charles: Charles Clay ("Last Salute To The Commodore") and Charles Hunter ("How To Dial A Murder"). Two victims were named Harry: Harry Alexander ("A Stitch In Crime") and Harry Stone ("Candidate For Crime"). Two victims were named Margaret: Margaret Halperin ("A Friend In Deed") and Margaret Midas ("Playback"). Also, two victims were named Karl: Karl Lessing ("Lovely, But Lethal") and Karl Donner ("A Deadly State Of Mind"). There were four victims who could have had the nickname of Ed. However, their on screen names were Edward (Lytton, "Old Fashioned Murder"), Eddie (Kane, "Publish Or Perish") and Edmund (Galvin, "Try And Catch Me."). Then there was Edna (Brown, "Swan Song").

-----------

Again, that's it! That's all the Famous Last Words questions for the original 45 episodes of "Columbo"! I hope you all had as much fun figuring out the answers as I had figuring out the questions!

Live long and solve murders!

Re: Famous Last Words #41 - #54 - Answers

Oh Headache...you are my sweet and adorable nimcompoop!!!! (do you realize I actually had to write that down and copy it from you post because I didn't know how to spell it?!?)
I loved your "hard rock" thingy when you were referring to Uncle Randy's nephew! Or was it Uncle Rudy? Or was it Uncle Randy? And what is Columbo's first name?????? Randy? Rudy? Lou?.....oh heck who cares!!
I almost started a whole thread about you because I saw all your posts here today but I couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard.....so cassa never made the thread.....it would have been a goody!! Maybe another day....

Ok...mushy time.....thanks so much for all the stuff you do on here...I, along with everyone else, appreciate it. You are something else.

Now, what that "something else" is??? I don't really know.....but whatever it is...well.....we should bottle it and sell it on the open market....we could make millions!!!

Hey, just thanks.....................

Re: Famous Last Words #41 - #54 - Answers

Hey!! Where is your other groupie Laura??