The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stepehn Elliott died May 21, 2005 at age 86

Hello felloe columbo fans:

I was doing a search on Stephen Elliott becasue I liked the way he played General Padget in the columbo episode Grand Deceptions but sadly he died from heart failure at age 86 on May 21, 2005.

I am hoping that Ted adds these fine actors who entertained us on columbo in the obituary section. They all shoould be remembered

Re: Stepehn Elliott died May 21, 2005 at age 86

Stephen Elliot was also the victim
Carl Donner in an o.k. "Columbo" film , 1975 A Deadly State of Mind with George Hamilton. That is another piece of trivia. That is to bad that he has passed away. We should of known this two months ago. He was pretty good in Grand Deceptions as the general as well. He will be missed . Thanks for reading.

Re: Re: Stepehn Elliott died May 21, 2005 at age 86

Very sad to hear about Stephen Elliott. May 21 is my birthday.

In addition to superb performances in his two "Columbo" appearances, Elliott also had a memorable role as the police chief in "Beverly Hills Cop," which was one of the greatest comedy movies of all time.

Re: Re: Re: Stepehn Elliott died May 21, 2005 at age 86

Also sorry to hear of his passing. Another very good actor gone. He did a great blustering bad guy and in Cutter's Way he was just plain nasty. Terrific film, full of good performances. I also remember him doing a nice bit in an episode of Highway To Heaven (it must have just been on when I walked in the room, or I leaned on the remote or something, I swear).

Re: Stepehn Elliott died May 21, 2005 at age 86

Sad news indeed. Although it wasn't that big of a role in Deadly State of Mind...he certainly gave his all.

(Happy Belated Birthday, David. )