The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Columbo: Troubled Waters

I was distressed to learn that the fingerprinting technique used at the end of this episode is not actually possible in reality. I don't remember who it was, but someone posted on this issue about a year ago here on the forum. Something about the fingerprints becoming unrecognizable during the process of turning the gloves inside-out.

I don't know if this is possible...instead of turning the gloves inside-out, just snip off the tip of one of the fingers and carefully manipulate it to see the print?

Re: Re: Re: Columbo: Troubled Waters

Hi all, I haven't posted a message on this site in over three years but it's a pleasure to revisit it.

Yes, I was also disillusioned about the final clue in "Troubled Waters." A few months ago someone broke into my car and left behind a pair of rubber gloves just like Danziger wore. While taking with the fingerprint lady, she said it would be next to impossible to lift a clean print from the gloves, and added that sometimes these detective shows make their jobs look easier than they seem (I'm sure she was referring to "CSI" rather than our show).

Cheers,
Sean