The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ted...a little help?

HEHE, strange thing. I came home from work and it wasnt raining but I think it did rain hard yesterday. U live close by, no wonder. I dont know how to fix the problem, sorry CAS, u ppl didnt forget about me did ya?

michael...michael...michael...how could i ever forget you?!?!? my blessed sword in my spine, my thorn in my finger, my splinter in my flesh!!!!
hey!!! will i ever let up on you??!!
don't worry...i will.... my nephew and godson is named michael...so it is a very special name to me.....
but as far as this writing my name in every time...well that is getting annoying! i will have to try and do something about it..i have no idea what..but i'll try....

When your name appears automatically, it's because of a "cookie" thyat was set when you first typed it. Sounds like you might have accidentally set your browser to disable cookies. Or maybe your hubby did it on purpose (lots of people don't like "cookies"), or maybe you switched browsers, like from Internet Explorer to Mozilla, and your new browser is set to disable cookies.

In Internet Explorer (the most common browser), go to Tools, then Options, then to Privacy, and see if you are set to "allow sites to set cookies". Check that box if necessary, then "OK".

At least that's how you get to it in my version of the browser. And you might have other programs or settings that affect whether you can get cookies.

Hope this helps, especially since that's all I know.

Now Ted, would that be chocolate chip or oreos???

Well I did what you said and it was already set at accept all cookies. I don't know. I will ask the big guy (my hubby) when he gets home. It really isn't a big deal...but it was just nice to not have to type my name in every time..............whatever....there are more pressing issues in life, right?? Geesh! Why am I getting so deep?!?!
Thank you Ted.