The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo has kids??????

Oh....I have no proof to support this as all...it is pure sentimental fluff....but I would like to think that he had kiddies...he is such a sweetie and he would have been a great daddy....so in my head Columbo and his wifey had children.

I think I emailed this exclusively to one replier, but meant to post it:

It is a great point that at Columbo's nephews wedding the family would have probably all been there- including any kids. However, some couples specifically choose to not have children attend their wedding. I will have to watch the episode and see if there are any other children at the wedding to know for sure if that is a viable possibility. Does anyone know off hand...

Danielle, (lovely name by the way..I have a nephew who's girlfriend's name is Danielle) anyway...that is a good point that maybe Columbo didn't bring his kiddies with him to the wedding. Was his wife there? I try and shut that episode out of my memory because I really dislike it so much.
As I had posted before...I prefer to believe he had children. He was Italian, and probably Catholic as well, so he must have had children.

By all accounts he seemed to have come from a traditional Italian, Catholic family, so that would indicate that he probably did have kids. Also, being of the same religious background and decent, it is most likely that the whole family - including the kids and proabably extended family too- were invited to the wedding. I am going to take a look at that episode (although I agree it was a bit diturbing) and see what I can come up with. Great insight!!!

Yeah, Danielle, I am a guinea too..and when there is a wedding everyone goes.

Re: Re: Columbo has kids??????

I admit I am neither Italian nor Catholic, but it's a good point. Maybe Columbo and his wife couldn't have kids? Then again, No Time to Die (of all the episodes) is the least to base any kind of conclusion about his background, since you could have placed any policeman in his place and the story would have remained the same -- in other words, aside from the first three minutes, it was the most un-Columbo movie of them all.

It was repulsive!!