The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I met Peter Falk

Great picture...I got to see Peter's belly button!! I don't speak French but I believe it said that it was taken in Beverly Hills?
Thanks for sharing.

Re: Re: I met Peter Falk

I am going to say something very controversial, but I think we are all friends here so I feel free to do so.
First, I don't know anything about Peter Falk as a person, he may be very nice or he may not be, but frankly, I have no desire to meet him or anyother actors who play characters I like. Basically, we identify with the characters they play, and those are the people we would really like to meet, not the actors themselves. As I have mentioned before, I lived in Southern California in the past, so I did encounter TV and movie stars on occasion, and generally, they are pretty arrogant. They want to be in the spotlight, they want adulation, but on the other hand, if people actually approach them, they often act as if they are being put upon. Obviously, not all are like that, I have no idea if Peter Falk is like that and there are exceptions, Bob Hope being one. Someone I know once saw him in public, went up to him and said hello. He was very gracious and even told him some jokes. Others I have encountered are not like that. My mother was even told off by one fairly well known character actor (who did not appear in Columbo). Often, if we want to talk about the shows, it would be more informative to talk to the producers, directors or writers. Because of the extreme competitiveness of "show biz", it attracts people who are extremely self absorbed and we can see that this affects their family relations in a negative way. Interestingly enough, the Columbo episodes "Make Me A Perfect Murder", "Fade into Murder" and "Requiem for a Falling Star" make these same points and generally show TV stars in a negative light.
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! Sorry if I offended anyone!

Geesh YM!! When I first started to read your post I had no idea what you were going to say!! You scared the heck of me!!!
First I think I would be too nervous to meet anyone that I was a fan of. And then there is that whole thing about putting someone on a pedestal and then when you actually meet them they turn out to disappoint you.
I am thinking with Peter that he would probably turn out to be a sweetheart. Maybe that is just my idealic way of thinking.

Oh...and I don't think you offended anyone.

From what we have read about Peter, and from what we have seen in interviews etc, I agree that Falk would be a nice man. Although of course when actors give interviews and public appearances, they are still "acting" in many ways. So who knows. Good points though YM.