The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Hubby and Columbo

In our house, Columbo is present all the time. My wife asked me once when some event had occurred in the previous week. The answer I gave was "Tuesday, Wednesday, I'm not sure". My wife and kids burst out laughing, because they all recognized that this is the response the motel owner in "Negative Reaction" gave to Columbo about a question regarding when he saw Alvin Deschler there.

That's funny YM....especially since it is rather an obscure quote.....your family really knows their Columbo!!

Re: Re: My Hubby and Columbo

Now that you mention it, it is these obscure
quotes that stand out in our minds, possibly
because they are mundane things we hear day to day.
We particularly remember that one because
the motel manager says it in a rather funny,
befuddled way.

yes, I remember how he says it. But it is true what you say about remembering the mundane quotes because they are things we would say in the course of everyday. I find myself, that I use a lot of lines from Columbo, it is really funny sometimes how I can't get through the day without saying something to someone which is a direct line from the show.

Re: Re: My Hubby and Columbo

Another couple of favorites in our house, both from "Negative
Reaction"....
(1) It is cold outside and some is looking for their
coat, someone invariably says "that coat...that coat" (line from nun played by Joyce Van Patten).
(2) Someone asks someone else if they are eating some particular food...the answer is "that is the prevailing theory!"-quote by Mr Dolan played by Vito Scotti.

Can I come and live with you and your family?