The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: season 3 on dvd

I picked up my copy this morning and am now watching "Lovely But Lethal." For what it's worth the bonus Mrs. Columbo episode is episode #2 with Donald Pleasance. Ironically, the DVD case description of "Any Old Port In A Storm" doesn't even mention Pleasance or Julie Harris and instead lists as guest stars the less significant characters of George Gaynes and Dana Elcar!

Re: season 3 on dvd

What is that all about???? Remember the lame quotes that were printed on the 1st season's dvds...I think it was our fellow poster robbie who pointed out that all those quotes were not said by Columbo. Who do they get to make up these descriptions???
It makes me a little insane to see how much is put into other tv shows and movies in the dvd releases...and for such a classic as Columbo there is some pretty lousy info.......but alas...at least they are coming out on dvd.....

Re: Re: season 3 on dvd

It is annoying the lack of care these nits are giving to Columbo vs. the other crap out (what's the thrill of watching a DVD of an expired reality show?), but the addition of the Mrs. Columbo ep, while not exactly a treat, indicates they at least clumsily recognize the market for the show. And Hallmark Channel has been promoting the heck out of the Mystery Movie DVDs. I got my Columbo and McMillan and Wife the first day out, and I'm grabbing McCloud today (pay day, glorious pay day!). I just about had a baby heifer when I found out Rockford Files is also coming out soon -- been waiting for that one forever.

Re: Re: Re: season 3 on dvd

My advice to those who haven't gotten their sets and want all Mystery Movie titles is to go to Best Buy where not only is the base price lower ($30) but you can take advantage of the $10 off sticker on all three titles if you buy all three and end up with all three at $20 apiece.

The packaging without question is atrocious. Universal has given a lot of lesser shows more extras than the Columbos have gotten.

I got em! I got em! I got em!!!! Yippee!! I went to Wal*mart and paid $30.64..plus 6% NJ sales tax...not bad....but who are these people listed on the back of the cd boxes????? Why do they cite George Gaynes, Katey Sagal, Ann Driscoll and Deidre Hall????? They are all minor characters and they don't even mention Richard Kiley!!....What are these people thinking of???....I'll be back with more comments later...we are BBQing right now...chicken and hot dogs and cheeseburgers......mmmm.......

Yes, it is very disappointing the way these DVD releases are being handled. I guess we're supposed to be elated that "Columbo" is even being released at all. When you think about it though, it's a very "American Corporation" way to do things. Recognize what is wanted and then produce the product for as little money and little work as possible in exchange for as much money as feasible. It's sad, but it's the American Corporation way... these days.

Ahh...my Headache

And yes you are right...and that whole thing you mentioned (I think it was you)....that double-sided dvd thingy....it is ridiculous....oh no...it was rex I think...anyway.. ...how are you supposed to know what is on the freakin disc? It is really shabby of them to do this to such a terrific show.....it deserves so much more.......

We did watch A Friend In Deed...and I was so delighted to see the part where Columbo has car problems.....it was a wonderful pantomime of a scene...he was terrrrrrific in it!