The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help! need details, missed last couple of minutes of 2003 Columbo last night on itv 3

Well you only missed a couple of minutes. Basically **spoiler alaert for people like Cassa who I know haven't seen this episode, and like spoiler alerts ** everyone is cleared off the fish tank in the middle of the dance floor, and the guys pass the heat machine over the tank...in order to see it, Columbo has them fix it up to the huge video screen in the club, so everyone in the place can see what is about to be revealed. Of course this is very far-fetched and would never happen this way in real life, but it is good as one of those dramatically staged endings. Of course the body is buried under the fish tank, this shows up on the screen, everyone gasps and Columbo has his man. It is a bit obvious and a bit silly, but fun nonetheless...

Re: Help! need details, missed last couple of minutes of 2003 Columbo last night on itv 3

Hey matt, we wrote the same thing at the same time. I also thought the whole episode seemed a bit rushed, and posted a while back about how it seemed made for the short attention span of todays viewer. By the way, not being in Ecuador I didn't see it on ITV 3. If I was in the UK, my sister would have been watching Emerdale so I wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway...but I saw it about two years back in South America...I seem to remember it being a pretty good episode without being great.

Yup....love those spoiler alert warnings!! Can't live without them, Paul!!

It's funny...because this was a newer episode which I actually saw.....I enjoyed it....It wasn't up to the standards of a 70's episode...but it was good.

I didn't realise you had seen it Cassa, I thought you had only seen No Time to Die and Undercover from the new ones.

Re: Re: Help! need details, missed last couple of minutes of 2003 Columbo last night on itv 3

"Columbo Likes the Nightlife" is on my B-List. If it
will be the last episode of the series, I am grateful
that the last episode is not "Murder With Too Many Notes," which is on my C-List. However, there is always hope that yet another new one which is on my A-List will surface in the near future.

Thanks to those who filled in the details.

I thought it was quite an enjoyable film, but there was something missing without the cigar and virtually no 'Oh sir! Just one more question' catchphrase (of course Columbo sometimes does it about three times in a scene before he finally departs from talking to a person in the older films)