The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: KEEP IT COLUMBO PLEASE

Another irony is that by keeping it strictly on Columbo, we cannot engage in the tactic Columbo used so effectively in his crime solving: His annoying habit of talking about relatives, etc. while getting his suspect off guard. You can pick up useful information this way.

Re: Re: Re: KEEP IT COLUMBO PLEASE

Works for Columbo, but maybe not on this board. By the way, what did you pay for those shoes?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Another irony is that by keeping it strictly on Columbo, we cannot engage in the tactic Columbo used so effectively in his crime solving: His annoying habit of talking about relatives, etc. while getting his suspect off guard. You can pick up useful information this way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: KEEP IT COLUMBO PLEASE

Believe it or not, Mrs. Peck, I paid over $100 for these Birkenstocks. My nephew--he's working his way through community college--clerks there, and I thought he'd give me a family discount. I said, "That's with the discount?" He said, "It's wholesale." Hard to believe it, but he swears by it. And he's planning on being a cop some day, so I gotta believe it. You've heard the old saying that blood is thicker than water, well, I guess it's true. Maybe it oughta be that the big green is thicker than anything. My wife--that's Mrs. Columbo--thinks these Birkenstocks make me look like I'm from New Jersey. Well, she says that because I wear'em with dark socks. You know, I've noticed that down South they wear'em with no socks or maybe white ones on the more formal occasions. Wait. Dog! Dog!! Put that sandal down!!! Excuse me, Mrs. Peck. You see I dropped some vanilla ice cream on my sandal and ... Dog!!! Get back here!!!

Re: KEEP IT COLUMBO PLEASE

You are insane Michael...I love it......now...what is this about dark socks and sandals????
And I have my brand x Birkenstocks on right now...but heavens!! NO socks!!

What the hell are berkystocks? Are they anything like Thom McCanns?

Replying to:

You are insane Michael...I love it......now...what is this about dark socks and sandals????
And I have my brand x Birkenstocks on right now...but heavens!! NO socks!!

Re: Re: Re: KEEP IT COLUMBO PLEASE

Birkenstocks are a type of sandal (origin is Germany) that are popular in some quarters, especially university towns (I bought mine in Chapel Hill). I think they really became popular during the 60's. Anyway, it's not that unusual to hear someone of a conservative bent say something like, "He's one of those Birkenstock-wearing liberals from over at the University."

I guess it's another one of those Southern "things." For many years, "down here," we've noticed the tendency for folks transplanted from Yankeedom to wear sandals with dark socks. The custom here is either wear no socks at all with sandals or possibly white socks.

Mrs. Peck...go to birkenstock.com
They are just sandals.

Oh you mean Jesus Shoes

Replying to:

Mrs. Peck...go to birkenstock.com
They are just sandals.

Exactly!

Michael...that dark sock thing with the sandals.....well when I occasionally see a guy like that I just find it so funny!! It is certainly a "LOOK"!!

Yeah, and they know they're commented upon; but they keep on doing it! It's like wearing Depends underneath a speedo . . . the two just don't go together.

Now there's a LOOK!!!