The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Caution: Murder Can Be Hazardous To Your Health

Cass', far from being offended, I have to congratulate you on being so observant. The "raincoat pervert" in that scene did, in fact, strongly resemble me. (Except he's shorter, to be a better match for Peter, and to fit into what I assume was a Columbo "stand-in" raincoat copy.)

What I wouldn't give to have played that role! -- but it wasn't me, just a look-alike.

I'm glad you got to see that scene. It was always cut out during the years when that ABC episodes could only be seeen re-run on "The Family Channel".

For anyone who has not seen this often-cut scene, you can see a couple of stills from it, and a description, in the Scrapboook article "Columbo's Raincoat". It's near the end of the article, following much more raincoat lore:

http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/raincoat.htm

Thanks again to David Sherman -- who, coincidentally, sat next to me in the audience at "The View" -- for sending me a copy of the uncut tape.

Re: Caution: Murder Can Be Hazardous To Your Health

Oh...good..I am relieved. I had posted that about you and then I looked at it later and thought maybe I shouldn't have said that......I would never want to offend the Grand Maestro!!