The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mrs. Columbo

I watched the Mrs. Columbo that comes on the 3rd season dvds and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....but it gave me a weird feeling...especially when I saw her with Dog.
The opening credits showed a lot of the inside of the house and.....ok...this is going to sound silly....but I almost felt creepy because I was in Columbo's private place. Here he had kept his inner sanction so private all those years and now I was in his house.....it was strange.
She was a little annoying..but Donald Pleasence was as terrific as ever.....and the final clue was pretty cool.

Re: Mrs. Columbo

There's the Columbo with Helen Shaver where she thinks she has poisoned him, that was in his house??? Or did he use another house and pretend it was his?

Sorry..I can't help you.....I never saw that one.

(it was 'rest in peace mrs colombo' 1990)

Thanks....but as I said I never saw it....there is always that mistake where people think that the apartment in A Friend In Deed is actually Columbo's home......but it wasn't where he actually lived.

You're right Stephen, he used another house and pretended it was his. He also, if I remember correctly, he used a photo of his wife's sister or someone and pretended it was of his wife.

Yeah he used another cop's house in that one.

Believe me, the first episode was the only good Columboesque one -- the pilot movie was actually a little sleazy, despite Robert Culp being the secondary villain (the primary villain was a grinning, semi-pervy hitman), and after one or two tries at Columbo-type mysteries, they moved to pure cheapie '70s crime plots.

I liked Pleasance, too, and I actually kind of liked that Mrs. Columbo was so sad about catching him.

I noticed that Martin...that she was so sad. I watched that scene twice, and to me, she almost looked like she was on the verge of tears.

I could only watch up to the scene in which Donald Pleasance is in the room with the police chief from "Give Me A Break". That actor who played the sargent was just awful and his line, "How can I make this still look like a suicide" (or whatever it was) was terrible. Pleasance was good with the material he was given. Kate Mulgrew was certainly giving the role of Mrs. Columbo her all. She was so pretty and cute, that the rest of the episode could almost... I said almost... be forgiven. Terrible production values and the writing was no where near "Columbo" levels. Then too, the writing on "Mrs. Columbo" wasn't even any where near "Starsky and Hutch" levels either! Very bad TV mystery. Very, very bad.

Yeah...Dolph Sweet....did you see how long they kept the camera on his face...it was giving me the creeps!!! ...so does he!! still!!!
You should have watched the whole thing Headache...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....the last clue thingy was kinda cool.
And who did you think was sexier??? Starsky or Hutch??? I liked Starsky...my sister liked Hutch. Come on, let me know, Headache!