The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: more Columbo villains

Dirk...you continue to do a great job on this!
I haven't seen many of the newer episodes but I still enjoyed reading your evaluations.
And when I read about the original murderers it makes me want to watch the episodes again.
Loved what you said about Dale Kingston's suits. And let's not forget his ties!!!
And you are so right about Brimmer and how he tosses her body to the ground....so violent.

Re: Re: more Columbo villains

Thank you much - it's incredibly fun to go back and watch all these again. I hadn't seen "Guillotine", for instance, for years.

That brings up another point - has anyone suspected that Elliott and Max became a little closer than friends in that prison? There was a little dialogue there, just before the murder, about "what we meant to each other, what we gave each other" that made me wonder... have you seen this particular episode, Cass? Has anyone else has similar suspicions?

For someone who grew up with the terrible style of the 1980's, it's nice to know there was a decade even worse. Kingston's ties were HUGE! What was he hiding in there? Other favorite outfits of mine are Roger Standford's wince-indicingly tight pants and anything Hayden Danziger wears.

Re: more Columbo villains

Sadly, I have not seen that episode....I would have loved to have commented on that thing you said about it.
Kingston could have hidden those Degas pastels under his tie!!
And as far as a fashion DON'T...Beth Chadwick from Lady in Waiting was an enormous DON'T!!