The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: etude

That is why we are here Matthew. To agree to disagree. That is how the discussion happens. Everyone has their favorites, and their not-so-favorites.
Again with this episode, I am very biased because I am such a maniac over JC, and his personal real-life relationship with Peter...so it is hard for me to speak very rationally about it.
I find the ending quite satisfying.
One ending which could have been a bit longer was Playback. You see Gena Rowlands' face as her husband has just come apart in front of her eyes and then it is over....I had really wished that Columbo could have said something more to her and the scene could have been a bit longer.

mat & stymye........not to over-labour this, but do you think that you really didn't enjoy JC's character and the episode as well because you weren't all that familiar with him and his past acting work. Most of the Columbo murderers were "names"...either tv or film stars...and JC was a lot more obscure than them.
Well, it was just a thought on my part. It is possible that this might have something to do with the fact that you don't like Alex's character or the episode all that much.

(ok....i am reaching for straws here!!! i just can't understand why you guys don't like my johnny ......but believe me, as i have said, you are here to express your opinions and i love that...so you go!! guys!! )

Re: Re: etude

well....It's possible... If he is naturaly boring in his past work, than I probably should give him more credit.He's your favorite columbo villan so I won't say any more negative things from now on ...promise

Um.....I never said he was naturally boring in his past work...he was dynamic!! Believe me he was. Just check out some of his stuff....he was a little pistol.
And feel free to say anything negative about him...that is why we are here....but just remember that cassa will come back with some wonderful 'etudes' to Johnny!!