The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Trace Of Murder

....and now if i could have some time to breath Joe in between laughs.........ahh..that's better...
i agree with all your points....the cat hair on the "back" of his jacket??? were they sumo-wrestling?? and that thing about the cat and the cigar clipping..very very good Joe Thomas!! and i also loved the setting of the alarm...what?? did the guy get shot?..die?...press the panic button? and then go lay down again?? sounds a little strange....

I do want to say one thing......(oh dear!!! cassa is on her soapbox again!! ).............well..I just wanted to say that I hope I don't offend any of you guys that I really don't enjoy the newer episodes, and when I comment so badly about them...maybe I am missing something........I am trying my best to like them but they are missing so much for me...but I am trying.

Overall there are not that many newer episodes that you get a massive satisfaction from seeing. There are very few episodes where you would choose a 90's over a 70's simply because they are vastly inferior unless you go to the extreme and pick woeful ones from the originals. Put simply a good 70's is generally the same as a very good 90's. Dont get me wrong there are some great 90's episodes, just a shame they are in the minority.

Back to topic.

The ending is my main problem with this as said previously. I am not 2, therefore the ending doesnt need to be simplified that much. Completely ruins it.

God bless,

Matthew

Excellently put Mat...my thoughts exactly

Another reason this episode doesn't work is that there is no reason in the world Columbo should have invited this forensics guy to tag along. Columbo's never done it before, and he even doesn't realize this guy is involved until the meeting at the eatery.
Bad episode.

I echo what Paul said mat...very well put. The stuff about the 70's versus the 90's episodes and the fact that whole last scene with Columbo explaining the clues was totally not needed.

And John...do you think Columbo noticed a little something when they were in the lawyer's office and the forensics guy, Patrick, is leaving and there is that look between him and Mrs. Calvert......it looks like Clifford noticed something.