The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 JC Appearances????

The other sites could have copied the "mistake" from this site. If he was in another episode, wouldn't you know about it Cass?

Yup I guess I would know.....but a girl can dream, right Paul?
And you are probably right...they probably copied the info from here.

That is a strange error -- it took me a while to find it, under "Murderers" (which is, in turn, a sub-part of the "Guest Appearances" section). JC is (correctly) not listed under "Serial Murderers" or under "Repeat Appearances by Actors", which are where he should be if he actually did appear twice.

Although we try hard to be the definitive source on everything Columbo, at some point we have to make peace with the occasional errors that creep in over the years. Webmaster Stephen Burns, the terrific fellow who created all of the legacy sections and who still does all the dizzying webmaster wonders, is a Scotsman -- and I find that the Scots take pride in their own spellings and, occasionally, their own arithmetic. I think that maybe, under the metric system, Cassavetes did appear twice.

(I'm just kidding!)

I remember that at one point (this might be fixed now), we had repeated on our site the widespread canard that "Swan Song" and "Etude In Black" were directed by John Cassavetes, under the pseudonym Nick Colasanto. (This might have been the origin of the entry in the "Murderers" section, which associates JC with 2 episodes, but only once as murderer.)

This rumor is especially widespread in Europe. But, we determined that it's false: People who were there at the filmings (including Peter Falk) distinctly recall that the director was indeed actor/director Nick Colasanto - the same guy who played Coach on "Cheers".

Thanks Ted...I was hoping you would respond.
I know about the whole directing thing involving Nick Colasanto and JC....and how JC was wrongly credited with Nick's name...if you go on IMDB and check out JC you will see that it says "Sometimes Credited As: Nick Colasanto"....And there is an episode of the show Decoy in which he is also credited as Nick...

Kudos to Stephen the Scotsman...and also to you....I didn't mean to pick out probably the one and only error on this wonderful site...I was just interested in hearing about this phantom appearance!!