The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo on freeview (in UK)

The only real chance is Five but they seem to be on a break. They have circles of columbo runs both old and new.
Im sure ITV have the rights to ashes to ashes but there's more chance of seeing Murder with too many notes on sky sports since they have a tendency to show any rubbish with z list nobodies instead.

God bless,

Matthew

Mat, do you happen to know why the BBC don't show Columbo, maybe something about broadcasting rights??? I am sure they used to years ago, unless I am remembering wrongly.

Must be due to broadcasting rights. Maybe since five show them on terrestrial then the beeb cant. However shows are jumping all over the channels. I remember when Quincy was showing on bbc1 now its on ITV, doesnt make it watchable tho.

Yeah Columbo was on BBC 1 back in the early 90's if i remember correctly. I am convinced that they showed troubled waters and Columbo goes to the guillotine as they are the first episodes i remember watching as a kid and loving them. Must have been from between 14:10 - 16:00 as the kids programmes started at about ten past 4 and neighbours was in the same place as it is now quarter to 2. Those were the days. When the flinstones was shown at 5:35pm and the A-team was on at 5:45 on saturday. Rushed home from the football to watch it.

God bless,

Matthew

I remember it was on bbc two in the afternoons until quite recently, maybe two or three years ago. And Mat, you are right about the **** on ITV.