The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our Columbo Cars

Here's your pic Cass

WD

Re: Re: Our Columbo Cars

How can I ever thank you Welsh!!?? Come on over to my house and I'll make you dinner!!!! Something Italian!! (Thanks so much!!!)

This is my 2000 Nissan Altima....my Sexy Beast....I love my car so much.....and there is the infamous Benny the Beagle...Dog is his cousin......Benny is great...but a bit stubborn...look at him here...he looks like a little cow grazing in the field!

I have owned a number of "Columbo cars" over the years, my favorite being a 1964 Chevy Impala (which I owned circa 1978) that I finally abandoned somewhere on the Connecticut Turnpike when it filled up with white smoke.

But take a look at the last 2 photos here, for an amazing look at the most messed-up car I ever owned (or ever saw). By the way, I have no idea why the site mistakenly claims I am from Canada:

http://rav4world.com/gallery/gallery0text/f16.html

Ted...I actually gasped when I looked at those pictures.....how did the guy ever get out of that???

Re: Re: Our Columbo Cars

I've never owned my own car. I'm just a poor substitute teacher who takes the bus.

But I enjoyed seeing your pictures!

Aww...poor E
You could always take a picture of the bus you take

Cass, I don;t know how the thief got out alive, but I like to think he got pretty messed-up.

And that the spirit of Columbo somehow brought him to some kind of justice. See if you can make out my license plate numbers (in the crashed-up photos) -- they might look familar. That car obviously is gone, but I proudly still use the license plates. So, whatever I drive is still a "Columbo car".

They were hard to see but I got it!! That is great that you still have them...

I just wanted to say that Benny The Beagle is very upset and ticked off that no one made mention of him.....he is quite vain.
I got his permission to post his picture...(well for Welshdragon to post it for me)....and now he is complaining that no one said anything about him...he has been a pain in the butt the past few days...he keeps asking if anyone has replied...and I sadly have to say 'no'..........he's a handful!

I've never owned a car, but my parents' car is a Renault 8 bought -I think- in 1966. So as far as age and nationality are concerned, it's a very Columboish car. But, unlike in the Peugeot 403, the motor is located at the rear end of the car. It is a rear-wheel-drive car, so you can guess how much it tends to get out of the road in bends...

Here's a pic of a similar car of the same colour very much like ours:

That is adorable!
And you can almost see Columbo in the driver's seat!!