The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: How long did it take to make an average Columbo episode?

I've heard about that book "The Columbo Phile"; I have no doubt that it is out of print now. Where could I get my hands on it?

Re: How long did it take to make an average Columbo episode?

Leighton, sadly yes it is out of print. It is a fantastic book though....mine is getting quite disheveled. You might be able to see a copy on ebay, or do a search for it. But be prepared to shell out some big bucks. As I have said here many times, my husband bought it for me last year...he paid $125 for it!!! I did see it going for as much as $300!

Hey Leighton, I think I can finally answer your first question..."How long did it take to make an average Columbo episode?"
I knew I had read it somewhere...and sure enough, it was in the Columbo Phile!!
It said that in the earlier seasons they had a ten to fourteen day shooting schedule...but by the time of The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case...the shooting schedule had been expanded to 22 days.

Leighton.....how did I do??? Did I answer all your questions???

Re: Re: How long did it take to make an average Columbo episode?

Thanks very much for the information - my curiosity has been well and truly satisfied.