The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which episode was this??? I didn't see it in the Episode Guide.

I visited this site to research an episode I recalled, but I didn't find it in the Episode Guide. Maybe I just missed it (though I thought I looked pretty carefully, but, alas, I'm no Columbo).

This was one of the later (ABC) episodes. Columbo is on the trail of a "mind reader" (really a fraud) who convinces the military of his "special talents" with an elaborate trail. Convinced the guy is a national intelligence asset, the military agrees to offer him a comfortable life as part of a super-secret program where not even Columbo could get to him. Of course, the guy has killed somebody, and Columbo is in a race against time to discover his secrets (regarding both the crime and the method he used to trick the military) before the murderer is wisked away. And, of course, Colubmo is waiting for the guy on-board the private jet that is to take him to his new life, and then manages to recreate the same test that the murderer used to convince the military - because he had figured everything out (of course).

So, which episode was this??? Thanks!

Re: Which episode was this??? I didn't see it in the Episode Guide.

I believe it's COLUMBO GOES TO THE GUILLOTINE.

Re: Which episode was this??? I didn't see it in the Episode Guide.

Here it is

Scroll down a bit and click more info

WD