The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The letter "B" Unsued occupations

Yeah, I figured a word not spelt correctly would be a pretty tough word to get right. Right? Kinda like Dan Quayle's "potatoe" back in '92 or thereabouts.

Re: The letter "B" Unsued occupations

Kev-La!!! terrific!! you spelled the word right...I was going to correct Mr. Michael, but I did not have the heart to do so......
That word means so much to me........ok....this is going to sound a little freaky...but everyone here knows that I am freaky...so here goes....I was in the sixth grade...and I had a crush on this kid Thomas Iaccobucci....he was one of the smartest kids in the class and also a great speller...well he charmed me one day on the bus ride home from school and spelled this word...and I was in awe!!! and then....do you you know what he did??????????? He gave me my first kiss!!!!!
I will darken the story by saying that the poor boy had buck teeth out to his nose!!! And his nose was pretty long!! They were horrendous!! (He got braces the next year, but our love affair was over by then!!!) But the little peck of a kiss was sweet...yet awkward.....but antidisestablishmentarianism will always be a word that brings back romantic memories..............how sick am I?????????

Re: Re: The letter "B" Unsued occupations

My first encounter with the word wasn't so romantic. In my sophomore year of high school, we took a course entitled "Democracy in Action." It wasn't much of a course taught by a first-year teacher. Anyway, one day a kid (whose sister was the most beautiful girl in the school) said he knew the longest word in the dictionary and spelt it . . . boy was I impressed. For whatever stupid reason I remember it--except, of course, how it's spelled.