The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Negitive Reaction

Then Columbo would not have gotten the criminal!

You know, I just can't help it when I watch this episode... I love Dick VanDyke so much (thanks to his Rob Petrie character from his self-titled show) that I always want him to get away with the murder of his vicious, horrible wife. Every time I watch the ending scene, I just can't help but wish that for once - just once! - he wouldn't go for that camera partially hidden in the back row on that shelf full of cameras. Alas, no matter how much I yell at the TV, he always hobbles over to that shelf and grabs the right camera and incriminates himself. Oh well.

Re: Re: Negitive Reaction

"I love Dick VanDyke so much (thanks to his Rob Petrie character from his self-titled show) that I always want him to get away with the murder of his vicious, horrible wife."

His is one of those "second murder" instances I mentioned before where any similar thought I might have had evaporates for that reason alone.

The presence of Joanna Cameron (whom every kid that watched Saturday morning TV remembers as Isis) in this episode is also a plus with me.

Murderer's Chippys!

[The presence of Joanna Cameron (whom every kid that watched Saturday morning TV remembers as Isis) in this episode is also a plus with me.]

Anyone notice the amount of murders done by men, to continue their dallainces with newer and younger models?

Dick Van ****
Johnny Cash
Jackie Cooper
John Cassavettes...(ok so he did it in reverse)

Re: Negitive Reaction

You bring up a good point, but I would suggest that since Galesko was a professinal photographer, and familiar with cameras, his initial instinct would be to show how the reverse picture was wrong, using the camera.