The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mrs. Columbo... and her sister

In another area on this message board, others have written that Kate Mulgrew is not their idea of what the "true" Mrs. Columbo should really look like. I have to agree.

However, it is interesting that in the episode, "Rest In Peace, Mrs. Columbo" we do get a look at a posed photograph of what Columbo himself says in Mrs. Columbo's sister. If you were to see the episode and were to take a good look at that photograph, the woman in that photograph does indeed resemble... Kate Mulgrew!

Again, I agree with others here that Kate Mulgrew (as lovely as she is, and as much as I believe she gave the role of "Mrs. Columbo" her best shot) is not what I "see" when I imagine what Columbo's better half looks like. I see a short woman, a little bit overweight with dark eyes and black hair. )Well, I suppose she's gone gray now.) She is 100% italian, not 100% irish as the Kate Mulgrew version seemed to be!

I also have thought for a long time that I most definitely wouldn't mind it if Suzanne Pleshette were to play the part of Columbo's Mrs. in a new episode. She has always been one hot babe and she and Peter Falk played their scenes in "Dead Weight" quite nicely with one another. So yes, I would prefer that we never know what the "true" Mrs. Columbo looks like. It should be left to our imaginations. But if they did finally show her, I wouldn't mind if it were Miss Pleshette. I wouldn't mind that at all.