The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hello from Lancashire.

Good to hear from you Al. I think most of us on the board are based in the colonys. Myself I am in New Jersey. Always nice to have new blood on the board. Please feel free to fire away with questions and thoughts.

Cherrio!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thought i'd join in a bit with this forum thing ,dont get bored get a Jack Russell,a shark on leg's,being that we're on the forum,set me up a few question's,a quiz sort of thing,I have been a lover of Columbo for many a year now,the music,all in all everything is great. My favourite episode is By dawn's early light,but hard to put a label on any really,anyway greeting's from Al in the North of England,Where are you based?all the best.

Re: Re: Hello from Lancashire.

Thank's for the reply Mr's Peck,Do you happen to know what happened to Peter Falk recently? the reason i ask is he was in one of the English newspaper's with a bruised face ,never got to read it though,some kind of accident i presume,take care till the next time,Al

Re: I am so bored!!!

Of course I post on here way too much...I agree. But I want to clear up a few things.
I am a writer..an unpublished writer..but a writer nonetheless. I use my computer for research, and also to write on. So I am quite dependent on it..maybe too dependent..but that is just the way it is. And I don't sit here all day long. I pop in and I pop out. I have a husband and son who depend on me for everything. And I do mean everything. Even though it looks like I am just sitting here at the computer all day, it is not the case. I would never be able to take care of everything that I have to each day.

Mrs. Peck, I understand what you say about addiction. I totally understand. I know it can creep up on you and get ahold of you.
But I have to disagree with you on one thing. (That's a rarity, right?) I don't believe her comments were said with good intentions. If you look at another thread she also got on Mark D. I think she was just being nasty. She knows nothing about me or my life and I feel that she should not have made those comments. That is just my opinion. I would never have said anything like that to anyone on this site.

Mrs. Peck I would love to "hang out" at Gunnison's Beach with you any day....make sure you bring lots and lots of sunscreen.

Re: Re: I am so bored!!!

[But I have to disagree with you on one thing. (That's a rarity, right?) I don't believe her comments were said with good intentions. If you look at another thread she also got on Mark D. I think she was just being nasty.]

One of my weaknesses is that I like to think the best of people, especially with online messages. In house arguing is very common, due to the fact that we don't know the emotions behind ones messages. Many times a post might be just good natured "ribbing", but could be mistaken as insulting and nasty.

Like yourself I also use the internet for research in my investing, and know how its an invaluable tool. Not only for investing, but everyday routines. Just yesterday, I wasn't sure if balsamic vinegar should be kept in the refrigerator or left out, once its opened! Found out it should be at room temperature and has a long shelf life!

[She knows nothing about me or my life and I feel that she should not have made those comments. That is just my opinion. I would never have said anything like that to anyone on this site.]

I wouldn't even give someones negative postings a second thought. Like you said she knows nothing about you. Let her think what she wants! Who cares? If it wasn't for people such as yourself, this board would be dead! Every message board has a core group of posters that keep things going. I for one appreciate people such as yourself that keep coming up with new topics. So please feel free to fire away with questions and opinions!

[Mrs. Peck I would love to "hang out" at Gunnison's Beach with you any day....make sure you bring lots and lots of sunscreen.]

Great, you rub my back and Ill rub yours.

Yet again, Mrs. Peck, you have brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye....thank you for both. And thank you for your kind words.

Hey you could have just asked me about the vinegar...I could have told you.

Oh, my husband tells me that Gunnison's is running a special 'end of the season naked party' this weekend....I guess we missed out. Now the only thing that bothers me is how the heck did he know that?!?!?

And Al, Welcome!! I didn't mean to ignore you. I hope to see you here again. By the way, my husband's name is Al also. Again, welcome......oh and I am from New Jersey as well.

While some of you use the internet for research purposes or the like, I myself use the internet to look at pictures of salmon. There's this really terrific site where they've got about a thousand photos of salmon. Some swimming up-stream, others that, you know, "go the other way". Oh yeah!

It's only when I've tired of looking at pictures of salmon that I'll wander over here into the Ultimate Columbo website. So all I've got to say is, as long as you're living your life doing what you want to do, then good for you!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get over to Salmonswingers.net. Heeeeere fishy, fishy, fishy! OH YEAH!

Thanks for the comic relief, Headache....and it is truly a relief.
And I am living my life....I am in the middle of making spaghetti and my world famous crab sauce, with crabs that I actually caught myself(no jokes Headache!!)

Now about that salmon thing.................

I dont think I want to go crabbing at Sandy Hook!

Replying to:

Thanks for the comic relief, Headache....and it is truly a relief.
And I am living my life....I am in the middle of making spaghetti and my world famous crab sauce, with crabs that I actually caught myself(no jokes Headache!!)

Now about that salmon thing.................

I caught the crabs in Beach Haven.......oh dear! that still sounds awful!!!!

Hey Sharon...if you know that Cassa is posting on every thread, then that means you are reading every thread...

Paul I wanted to say the same thing...but I didn't want to be mean or insulting......but coming from you, and since you are such a nice guy, it sounds fine..................

Cass is the Ted Kennedy of the East Coast

Anything she says, goes. And there will always be people to be there to back her up.

That's life, all over.

Re: Cass is the Ted Kennedy of the East Coast

Where did that completely asinine reply come from?

Replying to:

Anything she says, goes. And there will always be people to be there to back her up.

That's life, all over.

Ok...I'm confused.
Mrs. Peck, was she talking about me or about Sharon? I really don't know.
Maybe Judy Garland could fill us in.

I believe she was referring to you.

Replying to:

Ok...I'm confused.
Mrs. Peck, was she talking about me or about Sharon? I really don't know.
Maybe Judy Garland could fill us in.

Am I supposed to reply?.......I don't even know what her problem is. I never did anything wrong to her....Hell..I don't even know who she is....and is Liza the same person as Sharon??? Oh I could care less....but it is annoying....
GeeZ............I was just a little bored last night and I posted that stupid thing and now it has turned into a freakin' crazy world.
All you guys know that I wouldn't say anything wrong to anyone here....I just come here to have fun...I try not to offend anyone and I just enjoy talking with all of you.......I really don't like when this stuff happens...I really don't..

Don't give it a second thought, its all so silly.

Thank you Mrs. Peck....I think I am going to bed now....goodnight...

Whats all the fuss about. Dont let any of it bother anyone. Cass if you are happy, busy and enjoying life (and you are) then that makes it nearly worthwhile living. Let Sharon say what she wants to say and let her get on with it, she was only stating an opinion and as far as i can see it wasnt offensive.

Let peace reign here and get back to discussing Columbo and anything else.

God bless,

Matthew

Thanks for that Mat. That's all I was trying to tell Cassavetes45. It's amazing that my comments were made out to sound mean. I was just giving advice. I didn't call anyone names or anything. The comment about having brain drain is a generalization about how we can get addicted to this sort of thing and need to try to find something else to do in the meantime. I like Columbo like everyone else here. But it's not something that I think about everyday. As for me saying that Cass replies to nearly every post, why is she against me if I'm stating fact. That's why I thought that this is what she does all day everyday. I am not a mean person at all. Plus I don't know what she was doing searching old posts to try and get some dirt on me or something. It just boggles the mind.

Besides the following was her original post and were her own words:

[My husband is "busy" playing Team Fortress and Counter Strike (War Games) on his computer. My son is out with his friends...and Benny the Beagle is doing what comes natural..he is sleeping...he is such a Dog...I love him. Anybody in the mood to talk??...........Oh dear!! I sound so pathetic!!
We could talk about Columbo, or we could make this a thread where everyone can just say stuff that they want. I don't want to be a rogue or a renegade, but it might be an interesting idea. So if anyone is still up, and wants to chat....cassa is hanging for a while.]

It did sound like she needed company from people on this forum. If it was evening, why did'nt she put the TV on and see what's showing, or read a book? To plead with people on the forum for a chat sounded desperate to me. I just wanted to give her an alternative.

If this is mean, then why should I bother anymore?

Al, you asked about Peter's bruised face. I posted about that back in July when it happened.
He was vititing a dog shelter and he was playing with this one dog and supposedly he got the dog a little nervous and the dog turned on him and bit him under his left eye.
The funny thing is that afterward Peter wanted to adopt the dog.

Everyone has said their bit. Now lets move on and get back to the whole point of this which is Columbo.

Here's my effort.

Saw the very end of Forgotten Lady and it was just fantastic and came away loving it even more than before. To me its one of the few episodes where i sit and see something new everytime. One of the best episodes of any programme ive ever seen.

God bless,

Matthew

Sounds Good My Friend!!

Isn't it just a beautiful ending, Matthew? We have had a few threads on Forgotten Lady recently..it is just such a romantic and beautiful episode. And of course the only one that stands out, as Columbo not turning in the murderer (murderess). Janet Leigh was just stunning and perfect. The music throughout was beautiful.....it is a picture perfect Columbo....with a non-Columbo ending.....it doesn't fit to the regular formula....but contrary to Last Salute to the Commodore...it works...it really works! Written by William Driskill and directed by Harvey Hart..this episode is a a standout for me. I love it and I am so glad you do too.

Hey Sharon

Ok Matthew...I'm sorry... but I just can't keep this in. It is just the way I am...I'm a Guinea!!

The Ted Kennedy title was uncalled for...and I know it was you Sharon. I didn't realize it until later. I don't appreciate your comments about my lifestyle. I would never comment here on anyone's habits on living their own life...I believe that is an invasion which should not be a topic of discussion here, unless the individual person wants to speak about it. And I have spoken of my beloved family here...but not to you.
I feel that comments about people's activity or non-activity on this forum is not appropriate.
You say you were well intentioned....I'm sorry..I just don't believe that. You say you only wanted to give me suggestions on what else to do other than being on the computer. I'm sorry, I don't believe that. As I have explained, I need to be on the computer because of my writing....and by the way..I read all the time....
I guess one thing that really bugged me was the fact that you said that I was searching "old" posts to find some dirt on you........you had made that post to Mark D. only 9 minutes before you posted to me. I really don't consider that an "old" post.
Look....I love this place...it brings me such happiness....I am a person who is probably a lot like you....a nice person, right??
How about we just call it a truce and get it over with? Does that sound good?
One of my best friends in school was named Sharon.......hey girl? What's your favourite episode??
Let's just be friends, ok girlfriend???

Re: Hey Sharon

Oh my God, I leave the forum for nearly 3 months and return to find that cassavetes45 practically has a bounty on my head regarding the comments I made back in September. Even though other people commented that my remarks were meant to be helpful etc, this person now thinks that I am linked to some reference about Ted Kennedy???? What on earth are you talking about cass ?? How dare you accuse me of something I never did. Also, how do you go from accusing someone of something to calling a truce in the same message? I can't believe that one comment about you being bored starts WW3. I mean you were the one commenting on your boring life initially, not me. I didn't read your mind and then decided to write an essay about you life. Are you that sensitive to comments about your life from people wanting to give positive suggestions? Geez, my life isn't a bundle of joy either you know. You should hear some of the things people have said about me throughout my life. Don't take things so personally OK?

Huh??
How did I get dragged into this? I don't know what post I made that received a nasty comment.
Maybe I need to get a computer one of these days..

I have no idea whats going on now and i dont really want to know either. Lets just let peace reign again.

God bless,

Matthew

Two, one, two, three, four
Ev'rybody's talking about
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism,
Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, That-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
All we are saying is give peace a chance,
All we are saying is give peace a chance
C'mon
Ev'rybody's talking about ministers,
Sinister, Banisters
And canisters, Bishops, Fishops,
Rabbis, and Pop eyes, Bye, bye, bye byes
All we are saying is give peace a chance,
All we are saying is give peace a chance
Let me tell you now
Revoluton, evolution, masturbation,
Flagellation, regulation, integrations,
Meditations, United Nations,
Congratulations
John and Yoko, Timmy Leary, Rosemary,
Tommy Smothers, Bobby Dylan,
Tommy Copper,
Derek Taylor, Norman Mailer,
Allen Ginsberg, Hare Krishna,
Hare, Hare
Krishna

Excellent Mrs. Peck!!!

Now...can we just let this thread ride off into the sunset and die a miserable death!!!

DEAD THREAD!!

ok sharon, i wasn't going to reply when i saw your post initially, but it is really kinda bugging me.
this all happened 3 months ago, and i have put it out of my head. i don't really know why you had to bring it up again. is there a reason?
my life is not boring....believe me. i have a wonderful life. and i hope yours is wonderful too.

i am not posting here as much anymore right now, and maybe that is partially because of your comments...i really don't know.
yes, what people say on the internet bothers me way too much...and maybe i am too sensitive..but that is just the way i am.
i don't have a 'bounty on your head' and i don't wish to start 'ww3'......i don't think i was nasty to you or made you feel bad. that is something i wouldn't do.
look.....i just hope you are happy in your life............i am happy in mine.
let's just ditch this whole thing and go beyond it ok?
i hope you enjoy the holidays!!!................carleen

Is this a cat fight between Cass and Sharon?

no peck...'kitten fight, kitten fight'.......(from the show 'cheers')

Oh for crying out loud, who cares? This is supposed to be about Columbo. Matt; yes I like Forgotten Lady too. Not my very favourite but still up right there with the best.

that is exactly my point gregg.

lets make this a happy place and all accept each other as we are.

YAY!!

Hey not so fast with the "making of the peace"! I'm all excited for a cat fight!

Thongs at 30 paces!

Oh Peck!!!
But the sad thing is that I turned 48 on 11/19 (of which you did not wish me happy birthday.... just kidding with you!!) and I don't think I would want to don a thong at this point of my life.........um...maybe a teddy.........

Opps so sorry for missing your birthday. The last month has been a blur, due to my having to get ready to move. I finally sold my Joisey house, and as of now I am homeless, as my new home in Florida isn't ready yet. I am currently staying with friends at the Joisey shore.

Ok I will settle with teddys at 30 paces....

It is no problem Peck...don't worry about it.
I am so happy you got to sell your Joisey house, but I am saddened because you will no longer be a Joisey guy and I will miss you not being here. Be prepared to sweat your butt off down in Florida!! But, have a great move, guy. I wish you the best.

um............should I make that a black teddy or white or red??? just asking???

Moving to Florida

I cease to be amazed by people when I tell them I am moving to Florida, and the first thing they say is how hot it is down there! That's the reason I am going! Sure it gets hot, but thats what A/C and cold beer is for!

I think a red teddy would be just right....

Ok...you are obviously already in that Floridian mind-state, where heat constantly is a good thing.....I will let you off the hook! But Peck we are expecting sleet and some snow this weekend..(it is just raining right now).........but doesn't that fill you with the jollies of winter???
You will miss it all down there in the heat of hell, but I will send you pics of the snowstorms!! You will be so jealous!!

Um.....I would prefer black on the teddy thing, but if you want red, I could work with that!!

Send me an email and I will show you why I am moving to Florida.