The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: once again...the gun

Columbo did pack a gun in the worst, most awful "Columbo" episode of them all, "No Time To Die". This, of course, is from the ABC years. During that horrible, horrifying episode, Columbo does, in the concluding moments of the episode, come rushing in - behind other cops - to the room where his new niece-in-law has been being held captive by the nut-job who was straight out of a bad episode of "Starsky and Hutch". When Columbo enters the room, he is holding a gun. The other cops get the situation under control immediately and Columbo lets the gun sort of "dangle" in his hand. As to what kind of gun it was that Columbo was packing, I have no idea. Perhaps it was a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world which would blow your head... CLEAN OFF. So you have to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?" Well... do ya, PUNK?!

Sorry, I went a little Dirty Harry there for a moment.

Re: Re: once again...the gun

I WAS ALSO THINKING ABOUT NO TIME TO DIE WHERE HE CARRIES A GUN TO THE ROOM WHERE HIS NEICE IS BEING KEPT BY THE CRAZY, DERANGED GUY. ALSO COLUMBO DID SHOT A GUN IN A GREEN HOUSE JUNGLE AND PLAYBACK.

Yes, Damian (and I spelled your name correctly this time ) in Playback he shoots into the box of sand. But I do not recall him shooting a gun in The Greenhouse Jungle.....although he did wield a mighty metal detector!!

Re: Re: once again...the gun

Although Jarvis Goodland was such a miserable character that Columbo may have fantasized of shooting him, he did not fire a gun in "The Greenhouse Jungle."

Re: Re: Re: once again...the gun

Is it just me or does anyone else just want to delete No Time to Die from the Columbo canon? I mean, it isn't a valid episode to draw any conclusions from, is it?

ME...ME..ME!!! I am raising my hand nice and high!!! It is creepy and disgusting. And Columbo brandishing a gun???????????? What were they thinking???!!

No time to die is not the greatest episode in the world of columbo to say the least but it does make many of the episodes appear vastly superior to how they actually are in comparison and therefore for that reason it should stay.

The NBC years, the more i see them the more i desire to see the originals.

God bless,

Matthew