The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Greenhouse Jungle question & thoughts

Cassavetes45, you took the words right out of mouth! Columbo falling down the hill is classic. The first time you see it, it comes as a surprise & you can't help but laugh. Back around 1982, my friend and I were watching this episode at like 2:00am. We nearly died laughing when he took that spill! To this day it's our favorite episode for that reason.

Re: Greenhouse Jungle question & thoughts

Cigar,(now that just looks silly!! )..CigarGeorge, (that's better )...it really is a terrific scene. It has been discussed here before but it is well worth repeating. I hadn't seen that scene for years because all the repeat airings on tv always cut it out. Well, a friend on another site posted it and it was wonderful to see again, and then the dvds came out and now I have it to see over and over.......it is just amazing that it is actually Peter Falk who is doing the tumbling!
We have discussed here whether it was planned or not, and why did the producers let him get away with such a dangerous tumble....but who cares?? It was fantastic....and it truly was the "fastest way down".

Re: Greenhouse Jungle question & thoughts

Leighton,

I was just reading that he took his name from 'Milland Road' in Neath, the name originally refering to 'mill land'.