The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Don Adams has died.

Didn't the "Inspector Gadget" cartoon character of Don Adams wear a raincoat similar to Columbo?

Rest in Peace, Don.

Re: Don Adams has died.

Oh, and Vincent Price too.

And incidentally, Val Avery, who was a Columbo "regular" in the early days, was in the "Get Smart" episode called "Now You See Him (Now You Don't)".

I think that Don Admas wouldof been a great guess murderer on Columbo but know it is too late. I was raised on Inspector Gadget. I loved the show and watched it every time it was on. I also saw him in the funny show Check It Out that ran in the 80's in the U.S.A. network.

Rest In Peace

Don Adams/Columbo connection

Guest Appearances for
"Get Smart" (1965)

"Mr Big" Episode: #1.1 - 18 September 1965
Michael Dunn .... Mr. Big
Kelton Garwood .... Garth
Janine Gray .... Zelinka
Karen Norris .... Mother
Red .... Fang - Agent K-13
Vito Scotti .... Dante

Re: Don Adams/Columbo connection

It is hard to picture Don Adams as a Columbo villain with that Agent Smart/Inspector Gadget voice of his. Maybe he could have been a Columbo sidekick such as Sergeant John and Frederick Wilson.

Re: Re: Don Adams/Columbo connection

With Mel Brooks and Buck Henry as the creative minds behind Get Smart, you could expect a great TV show.

How about Buck Henry as a guest murderer on Columbo? He can act pretty strange when he wants to. He could even write the episode. Has anyone ever written or directed the episode in which they appeared?

well, tfl, the first one that comes to mind is patrick mcgoohan...who starred in 'identity crisis'..and also directed.......and as a little side-note....in 'old fashioned murder' the writer of the script (taken from a story by lawrence vail) was peter s. feibleman.....who played milton shaeffer, the guy that ruth lytton set up to act like he killed her brother.

I guess if I spent, maybe, ten seconds thinking about my question I would have thought about Patrick McGoohan. Actually, while I was typing the question your boy J.C. came to mind.

Oh dear..I forgot about him!!
Yes, Nick Colasanto (Coach from Cheers) became ill during the filming of Etude and JC and Peter took over the directing duties. And he also helped Peter out with Blueprint For Murder, along with Steven Spielberg, on some of the camera angles and set up shots.

I think Nick Colasanto could have been very good in the role of Lieutenant Columbo.