The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
brush with fame

Hi guys,
Just wondering if any of you have ever met any of the Columbo alumni. Who was it/where was it/ what were they like/ details please.

Mine would be a tenuous one but still a connection- Walter Koenig,who came down to Sydney in the early 80's to promote Star Trek IV. I was at an old retro cinema for a Star Trek day and at the end they announced that Koenig was in town and would be delighted to talk about the forthcoming movie. He appeared on stage, delivered a short talk, showed us clips of the early rushes of the film and then answered quesions and hung around to talk to people.
Strange for me to hear him with an American accent. Nice guy, seemed genuinely pleased to meet some fans.

Your turn...

Re: brush with fame

Seeing the live taping of "The View" in New York with Peter Falk in 1998 was certainly a thrill.

In addition, my wife and I saw the Broadway play "Cabaret" in 2003. Mariette Hartley ("Publish or Perish" and "Try and Catch Me") was one of the stars and I was fortunate enough to get her autograph outside of the theatre after the performance. She was nice.