The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Unmurdered Wives of Murderers

Brimmer isn't married with an unseen wife. That was Robert Culp's other killer part, Dr. Bart Kepple in "Double Exposure."

Oh dear!!! Sorry about that mistake. Of course you are right. Thanks for correcting me, Eric.

Tony Goodland from "Greenhouse Jungle" was married. Although his wife didn't seem to think so! Of course Nelson Hayward from "Candidate From Crime" also was married. I don't think we're told about the marriage status of Marshall Cahill from "Mind Over Mayhem". He does have a son, so I believe we can assume that Cahill was at least one time married. The same situation holds true for Luis Montoya from "A Matter Of Honor". He has a daughter, though no wife is present. Guess what? The same holds true for Stephan Mueller, otherwise known as the Great Santini in "Now You See Him". He has a daughter, but no wife.

As for the ABC years... Max Barsini from the episode, "Murder: A Self Portrait" is married (to Mrs. Peter Falk) and has wife Number Three all planned out. He murders his first, ex-wife in the episode. Oscar Finch is married in "Agenda For Murder". Wesley Corman is married in "Uneasy Lies The Crown". The wonderful "wascally" Leon Lamarr from the story, "Death Hits The Jackpot" is also married. Finally, Fielding Chase is a widower with a step-daughter in "Butterfly In Shades Of Grey".

So what are you saying Headache?!?!? I totally screwed up!?!?!?! Go on!! Say it!!!

One thing though. I wouldn't include Tony Goodland because he didn't murder anyone.

Cassa, you're right. I don't know why I included Tony Goodland. I suppose because it started out with him and Jarvis plotting the ransom and all that. But no, he didn't murder anyone. He was murdered.

Yours was a fun post and it was something I hadn't thought about. Keep up the fun work, Cassa!

Fun-Schmun!!!! I screwed up!!!!