The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Peter on Larry King Live

Do you know the phone number. I would really like to see this. It would be interesting to ask him in person. I really can't wait until Saturday. This what I really like about this web site that you stay current on Peter falk. I would like to ask what questions you might ask the man himself. My question would be if you are making a new columbo set in a lingerie business why don't let your wife be the guest murederer. It would be great to see her again in a new columbo

Damian, I believe the number is 1-800-676-2100

I am really excited if he is on Saturday , I really do not know if this is true, I guess he was on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on September 20. I did not get to see this because I did not know when he was going to be on. I was really upset that I did not get to see him on this date. Maybe somebody can confirm the fact that he will be on "Larry King Live" on Saturday. I have heard nothing about this from anywhere. I will have to check my local listings if he will be on!! If he does go on "Larry King" ,I hope he will talk about a new "Columbo" film in the works. I hope to see Peter Falk on Saturday. That is about all for now. Thanks for reading.

Re: Re: Peter on Larry King Live

Larry King is usually a repeat on Sat and Sundays.
I think Sat will be a commentary on Peter Jennings.

I could be wrong. I just went by the CNN web site.

Cassa, did you just know the Larry King number or did you look it up?!?

No Paul, I didn't know it...I looked it up...but I am not absolutely positive about it because it wasn't on the CNN site. I found it some other place where some guy mentioned it.
And LazyBoy I think you are right about Larry King airing repeats over the weekend. But who knows maybe it will be Peter.
Stay tuned kiddies....

I'm going to be the bad guy if this doesn't happen!

It was late at night (Larry King starts here at 2am) and he didn't mention this until the end of the show, but I'm (fairly) confident that I heard right and didn't hallucinate the whole thing.

Update: Sometimes you need to be a detective. Check out the transcript from earlier in the week on the CNN site. Scroll waaaaay down to the bottom:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/03/lkl.01.html

Well it is right there in black and white Greig.

I saw the commercial with Peter Falk and Paul Reiser, I hope Peter Falk will talk about a future "Columbo" film coming. Peter Falk will be on "Larry King Live" tomorrow. I am very excited about that. I cannot wait to see it. I guess this has already been shot from what I can see. Check your local listings for when he will be on. 9pm for me in Seattle . I am very happy to report this news to everybody. Peter Falk being interviwed tomorrow. I cannot wait to see it. Thanks for reading, that is about all for now.

Greig is right!

Just saw the advertisement for Peter being on Larry King. Good job Greig. Sorry to have doubted you

Great! Now all I have to do is to remember to watch it!!! 9:00 right?

9 eastern, 8 central, according to listings.

I submitted a question to Larry King Live. After that, I saw the photograph of Peter and Paul (no Mary) on King's CNN website. The picture was on King's set with those little lights behind P & P. So it does indeed look as if this one has already been recorded. Seems sort of strange.

I won't be home to watch it, so I've got my VCR set to record the hour. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.

I hate to be a bummer on this, but Peter is going to say the same things he has said on all of the shows that he has been on through this press junket for this movie...he will mention how there is a dispute between the network and himself about the supposedly upcoming Columbo..how he wants one script, and they want the other. But it is ok....I'll watch it anyway...it should be fun!

It looks like it is going to happen Greig....I just had channel 31 on...CNN...and it had a preview for the Larry King Live show..and it said Peter would be on.........yay!

Ha! Not for me. CNN International has opted out in favour of coverage of the Asian earthquake. A shame, but you can't fault their news priorities.

Boxing from Vegas for me now.

Greig...that is sad!! I just watched it and it was pretty darn good. Thnks for alerting us to this.

I taped the interview and just watched it. I did not see or hear any previous mention that this was a repeat, but it sure seemed like it was. First off, Larry mentioned that "The Thing About My Parents" "is now playing at selected theatres and soon at theatres across the country". The movie has in fact been playing in "wide release" for a few weeks now. Also, there were no phone calls from viewers or submitted questions from email.

The interview was mostly concerned with the movie with a bit of questioning on Reiser's "Mad About You" TV show and Falk's "Columbo". Peter Falk mentioned a scene from an unfilmed Columbo script in which Larry King would have appeared. Falk mentioned that Columbo even got to sit in Larry's chair. Apparently a woman appearing on Larry King's show, walks off stage after the interview and makes a phone call to another woman back in Los Angeles. Four minutes later, that woman in LA is dead. For reasons unexplained by Falk, Columbo later follows a trail back to Larry King's studio (it's in New York city, isn't it???) to question Larry about his guest.

Falk also mentioned being barred from the Universal lot prior to the very first Columbo episode. I'm not certain if that refers to "Prescription" or "By The Book". Larry also talked about how Falk wasn't appreciated by studio bigwigs because he demanded perfection on the episodes.

Larry asked if there would be more "Columbo" episodes and as to why it had ended. It seemed to me (and it seemed to seem to Peter Falk) that Larry was unaware of the latest episode(s) of "Columbo". Peter said that the last one ("Nightlife") was filmed only a couple years ago. Larry suggested that new episodes could feature a "retired" Columbo being called back for a case or Columbo being the Chief of police tackling a case. Peter said Columbo could just simply still be a cop on the force.

Clips from a couple of "Columbo" episodes were shown, including "Death Lends a Hand" and an extended clip of "Murder By The Book" with Columbo talking with Ken Franklin (Jack Cassidy) about his opening his mail after discovering his partner's dead body.

Larry asked Peter about his future projects, and Peter mentioned "Retirement" (four old friends on a road trip to Las Vegas) and "Checking Out" which is based on a 1970s play.