The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
columbo cries wolf - two roles for peter falk?

in the early airport scene the voice over the PA system sounded like peter falk????

Re: columbo cries wolf - two roles for peter falk?

On another point about this episode which I saw the other day. Is this the only episode where we don't see exactly how the murder is done. We find out how it was done about half way through. I can't think of another episode where this happens and seems to be a significant break from the Columbo formula.

www.20six.co.uk/jiltedbarfly

Yes, the 'New Columbos' have a different feel to them but I still like them, also there was the episode where his niece (is that correct?) was kidnapped and so he was on a kidnapping case not a murder case.

Re: Re: columbo cries wolf - two roles for peter falk?

I posted my first message about this episode before watching the end of the episode so didn't realise what the real twist to the episode was. Have to say that I am no more impressed with the episode now than I was then.

I also didn't like the horrible keyboard 'Old man of the sea' tune they worked into the music.

One more thing on this episode. It makes a reference back to Dagger of the Mind with a mention of Inspector Dirk. How many epsidoes does he get referred to? There is definitely another episode where this happens.

www.20six.co.uk/jiltedbarfly

Can anyone find out if Peter Falk did in fact do the voiceover for the PA in the early airport scene, the information must be available somewhere?

I wish I could help you out, Stephen. I did a search but came up with nothing. And also, unfortunately, I have never seen this episode.

Cassa, thanks for trying anyway. Sorry to know that you have not seen the episode, it's a strange thought that I have seen it here several times but people in American haven't