The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Columbo and Rick(y) Nelson

Thanks so much, Joe! McCloud it was - 1 October 1972, according to his site. So I'm now in the right direction but, sadly, madness is confirmed... Oh well. Apologies to all, for cluttering up Columbo's site with an irrelevance.

Re: Columbo and Rick(y) Nelson

What a spooky experience! What else do you remember about the plot? Cleancut Rick as a murderer.

Yes..."clean cut" Ricky Nelson....but if you remember, when he did Garden Party he was a little P*i*s*s*e*d-off! (that was for you Peck!! ) The people at a concert he had at Madison Square Garden, didn't like the new music he was playing and wanted to hear his older stuff....so he wrote that song in a bit of a fit of anger and disgust.

I remember now! Thanks for the memories.

Very true . I can never understand why celebrities rebel against the accomplisments that gave them fame and fortune. Luckily most "entertainers" are happy to give their fans what they want.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yes..."clean cut" Ricky Nelson....but if you remember, when he did Garden Party he was a little P*i*s*s*e*d-off! (that was for you Peck!! ) The people at a concert he had at Madison Square Garden, didn't like the new music he was playing and wanted to hear his older stuff....so he wrote that song in a bit of a fit of anger and disgust.

And Peter Falk is the first to admit this. In almost every interview he is asked if he is tired of being associated with Columbo......and his answer is always the same. He tells them that he loves Columbo and what it has done for him....and he doesn't understand how "celebs" try to distance themselves from the characters who have made them famous. And on top of that!! He always mentions that he gets great tables at restaurants because he is who he is!!!.............gotta love the guy!!!

Liberace was another who never forgot his fans and how they supported him. I readily admit that I enjoyed seeing him person. The guy gave you almost 2 hours of entertainment. Part of his show he would show the people in the first row all his jewerly. He would say, "Would you like to see my jewerly? You might as well, you paid for it"

You just had to love Lee!!! He was fantastic!....If you look up "entertainer" in the dictionary, his face would be there!! He was great!! And he knew how to work his audience, and to make fun of himself just enough as to make it fun......he was a true performer!

(side-note............Peck.....my husband and I watched GFI on sunday..... )

Rick Nelson in A Matter of Honor

I just watched Season 5 Episode 4 "A Matter of Honor" with Ricardo Montalban.

I am fairly certain that Rick Nelson has an uncredited role as Luis Montoya's "boy" who washes and waxes his cars.

Re: Rick Nelson in A Matter of Honor

Sounds like a lot of bull to me.

Replying to:

I just watched Season 5 Episode 4 "A Matter of Honor" with Ricardo Montalban.

I am fairly certain that Rick Nelson has an uncredited role as Luis Montoya's "boy" who washes and waxes his cars.

Re: Rick Nelson in A Matter of Honor

It was an actor named Jorge Rivero.He played the car wash guy on Columbo.

sb10 said.........
"I just watched Season 5 Episode 4 "A Matter of Honor" with Ricardo Montalban.

I am fairly certain that Rick Nelson has an uncredited role as Luis Montoya's "boy" who washes and waxes his cars."

well sb, i just looked at the scene with him and although he resembles ricky nelson, i know it's not him.
firstly, he is too hunked-up and muscle-bound to be rick. he has the same haircut as rick used to wear, and he looks a lot like him, but i really don't think it's him.
rick was not THAT great of an actor to pull off that accent.

This is my second time today looking at this thread, and I just now realized its original post was from two years ago...I can usually remember when I've read something before, but I have absolutely no recollection of this topic.

Welcome to the world of being a "seasoned" citizen

Have you heard from the AARP yet?

Replying to:

This is my second time today looking at this thread, and I just now realized its original post was from two years ago...I can usually remember when I've read something before, but I have absolutely no recollection of this topic.

Thanks, Peck.

To paraphrase Abigail Mitchell: "The curse of old age...one post is much like another."

Yes, being over 50 does have its advantages...

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run into a burning building.

4. People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"

5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

6. There's nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out.

8. You can eat dinner at 4 p.m.

9. You can live without sex (but not without glasses).

10. You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

11. You get into a heated argument about pension plans.

12. You have a party and the neighbours don't even realize it.

13. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

14. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.

15. You sing along with the elevator music.

16. Your eyes won't get much worse.

17. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

18. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the National Weather Service.

19. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

20. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.

21. You can't remember who sent you this.

Replying to:

Thanks, Peck.

To paraphrase Abigail Mitchell: "The curse of old age...one post is much like another."

Funny list...definitely some things for all of us young people to look forward to!