The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you use any of Columbo's lines?

Mrs. Peck, I think the scene you are talking about is from Any Old Port in a Storm, when they are broadcasting that they just found Ric Carsini's body in the ocean.

Re: Re: Do you use any of Columbo's lines?

Thats the one, very good Cass ! For bonus points who was the actor he was doing it to, and what famous role did this actor have in a sitcom?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Mrs. Peck, I think the scene you are talking about is from Any Old Port in a Storm, when they are broadcasting that they just found Ric Carsini's body in the ocean.

hmmmm....I know his name is Robert Donner....but I am failing on the character he played on a sitcom...I was thinking the Bob Newhart show but I don't think that is right.
Should I cheat?????

Correct on the actor's name, wrong on the show! He played a character that was out of this world!

Replying to:

hmmmm....I know his name is Robert Donner....but I am failing on the character he played on a sitcom...I was thinking the Bob Newhart show but I don't think that is right.
Should I cheat?????

Robert Donner wasn't in "The Bob Newhart Show"? Awww, Shazbot!

Ok....now you guys are confusing me!! And you both know how easy that is!!
Now...I cheated, Peck, and saw that he played Exidor on Mork and Mindy....I vaguely remember this...I wasn't a big Mork and Mindy fan. Sadly, I get the begebbers when Robin Williams goes on for more than five minutes.
And Headache, I don't know what you mean........oh darnit!!! I just looked at your post again and you said "Shazbot"!!!!!! ok...ok...I got it!!
WOW!! I am so slow!!!.................(but i will say it is nice to talk to 2 of my favourite guys at one time here on this forum )

[I get the begebbers when Robin Williams goes on for more than five minutes.]

I can't get enough of him, I think he has one of the quickest and creative minds in all of show business. Have you ever seen his interview on "Inside the Actors Studio"? Its just non stop laughing, and its all adlib! His portrayal of the Genie in Alladdin is classic.

By the way I had the pleasure of making a film with him.

I did see the Actor's Studio interview. I like him and everything, but sometimes he goes on a little too much. I loved him in Birdcage, but maybe it was because he wasn't over the top in that. It is a terrific movie!
OK!!...now give Peck!! What is this stuff about making a movie with him?????????????????? Give ....give!! If you don't want to say here then just email me....my address is listed here. Give me all the details!!

[OK!!...now give Peck!! What is this stuff about making a movie with him?????????????????? Give ....give!! If you don't want to say here then just email me....my address is listed here. Give me all the details!!]

Cass I would be happy to relate the details of my film career to my public. The name of the film was "Seize the Day"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091920/

It was made for PBS, and it was a dramatic role for Robin Williams. The film took place in mid 1950's New York. There was "casting call" for 50's cars in an antique auto magazine. At the time I had a 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood. I had to be in New York city by 7 in the morning. The location was around 94th and Broadway. They choose my car for one of the opening scenes, with me as the driver. I was told to drive my car up the street while Robin Williams walked in front of me. In the first take, I braked, because he walked right in front of me! The director called "cut" and told me to keep going without stopping. On the next take I did it, and almost ran him over

That was the extent of my acting debut. I got paid $25.00 for the day and all the bagels I could eat, plus a great buffet lunch.

It really was an interesting experience. I spent most of the day watching the process. I took some time off and took a bus ride down to 42nd street for a Nathans hot dog.

Jerry Stiller was also there for a couple of scenes. Most people left Robin alone while filming, but during breaks he made himself very accesible and was joking with people.

A few months later I got tickets to a private screening. In the audience was Joseph Wiseman, who was also in the film. You might remember his as Dr. No......

How COOL!!!!
I looked it up on imdb and they even make mention of the cars....but sadly they forget to mention you!! That must have been a lot of fun. What color was your car? And can you actually see your face?
Thanks for the story...I may have to change my opinion of Robin Williams.

My car was in one of the opening scenes when he is crossing the street with a suitcase and carrying clothing on hangers. My car is white and very visible as its the only car moving, and it starts off with wide shot. They said there was no need to show my face It was their loss

Replying to:

How COOL!!!!
I looked it up on imdb and they even make mention of the cars....but sadly they forget to mention you!! That must have been a lot of fun. What color was your car? And can you actually see your face?
Thanks for the story...I may have to change my opinion of Robin Williams.

I am going to have to check out if they have it at the video store.
And it definitely was their loss for not putting your face on camera!!

Oh! Love your little clowny guy!!

Robin Williams is on Bravo now.

Very interesting stuff, Mrs. Peck! Thank you for sharing your movie history.

I love Robin Williams. I love his "zany" movie roles, but he is also very good in his "serious" roles such as the recent movie with Al Pacino, "Insomnia". (I'm pretty sure that's the title.) The one where he's the creepy photo-developing guy at the Walmart is also a good movie.

I agree. With his multi persona he is able to play many different roles.

Replying to:

Very interesting stuff, Mrs. Peck! Thank you for sharing your movie history.

I love Robin Williams. I love his "zany" movie roles, but he is also very good in his "serious" roles such as the recent movie with Al Pacino, "Insomnia". (I'm pretty sure that's the title.) The one where he's the creepy photo-developing guy at the Walmart is also a good movie.