The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: His name is definitly Frank

Theres an interview somewhere from the creators of Columbo and Columbo himself (Peter Falk obviously) saying that he never had a first name. Tough one who to believe, the creators or some badge off the net.

Anyway if he had a first name it would be Mario or Luigi or Popeye not Frank.

God bless,

Matthew

Re: Re: His name is definitly Frank

I always thought his last name was Umbo, and his real rank was not Lt. but Col. Col. Umbo, see? Of course that doesn't settle the issue of his first name. Unless his last name is Bo, his first name is Um, and his rank is Col. Col. Um Bo? Maybe his parents named him Um, because he said that a lot as a kid? Col. Um Bo could have lying all those years about his being a lieutenant because of his humility . . .

Re: Re: Re: His name is definitly Frank

Why don't we just take a vote on the matter?

I vote for "Only my wife uses it."

Great idea David!

I vote for "Lieutenant"

What ticket is he running on?

I like lou spelt lie, ten ant (middle name like van der) and finally columbo as surname. Nicely done, job over, everybody happy. Either that or the parents were so confused with the forms when filling them in they forgot to enter one in, accidently leaving the box empty resulting in no first name.
God bless,

Matthew

You know what? I'm ignoring this thread! His name is Lt. Columbo, that's all I've needed for the last 30 years and that's all I will ever need!

**** techies! There's no need to pause the DVD!

Either way, much love to all Columbo fans world-wide.

Of course his first name is Lieutenant! Now calm down Milo, go for a run on the beach, a swim in the pool, a few skips of the rope, a couple of punches at the bag, and then finish it off with a glass of carrot juice and vitamins, and I am sure you will be a lot better.

Re: Try this!

I discovered something the other day!

If you say 'C o l u m b o ' really slowly, it sounds like 'gullible' !

Re: Re: Try this!

Wasn't gullible the guy that did all the travelling?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I discovered something the other day!

If you say 'C o l u m b o ' really slowly, it sounds like 'gullible' !

Re: Re: Re: Try this!

No, that was Gilligan. And if you spell Columbo backwards, you get Obmuloc. Sounds like the name of some over-the-counter laxative.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Try this!

Actually there was a commercial for a famous laxative, that used the saying ******* spelled backwards is *******. Anyone remember the name of the product?

Replying to:

No, that was Gilligan. And if you spell Columbo backwards, you get Obmuloc. Sounds like the name of some over-the-counter laxative.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Try this!

I've got a real dim memory but can't think of it.

Boy this thread is getting insane!!!

Mrs. Peck...I think you were refering to Gulliver, right?

And I believe the laxative was Serutan........backwards.....Natures.

Cass, correct on both

Replying to:

Boy this thread is getting insane!!!

Mrs. Peck...I think you were refering to Gulliver, right?

And I believe the laxative was Serutan........backwards.....Natures.

But didn't Gilligan do a lot of traveling, too. He and pal Skip took three-hour tours of Howellywood, Tinalousia, Maryannville, etc. And wasn't there a laxative that's name ended in "loc"?

Laxatives

I submitted a slogan to Ex-Lax that got turned down. I suggested:

Ex-Lax.....we will give you a run for your money!

I can't understand why they didn't run with it!!

They told me it was a s&%tty slogan

But it's funny stuff like that which sells products!

You are right Josh......sh&#t sells!!

I've always thought if Ex-Lax decided on a name change, the company could adopt the old imported car lemon name: Yugo (By the way, are there any of those Yugos still around? One'd make a grand Columbo car if his old one finally fell apart).

I once had to deal with a rude waitress in a diner. I asked for prune juice, and she asked "Is that to go?"

you guys are nuts!!!

.....or was it 'Boutros-Boutros-Boutros Columbo'?

Columbo! Oh, you doesn't has to call me Columbo. You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me RayJay, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ or you can call me RJJ Jr., but you doesn't have to call me Columbo!

Replying to:

.....or was it 'Boutros-Boutros-Boutros Columbo'?

Frank -- no. Then it would most likely be Francis. He notes that only his wife uses his first name. Frank? Only his wife? No big deal.

Named after a Pope however... Xavier, maybe Ignatius, perhaps Pios? Somewhat embarressing.