The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Birthday CigarGeorge....(&....)

um.............i am allowed to curse....it is the eve of my b-day, and my mommy told me i could........

Dear Cassa,

Sincerely, Headache2112

Now this is stupid............why am I crying Headache?

Hey.......Thank you so much for the b-day wishes....but more importantly, thank you for always making me laugh.....that is the best Headache...thank you...

Cassavetes, when I was a kid I read in a book that Johnny Appleseed was born on September 26. I was thrilled to share a date with a famous person. But then years later I read in another book that his birthday was March 11. So who knows?

Other famous 9/26ers: Linda Hamilton (Beauty and the Beast) and Melissa Sue Anderson (Little House on the Prairie).

And again, have a happy birthday!

Well, I had hoped to be the first one to wish you a happy birthday, Franco. By all rights I should have been, but this is the first chance I've had to log on. Any ways, here goes.....
(Just a minute maam, there's something here I want you to see....let's see... here it is....no, that's my phone bill, I have to pay that...)
Everyone wish Franco a happy 29th!
(Oh here it is it's a birthday card maam...)
And yes, lets all pretend I'm older! I'm fine with that!
(Excuse me maam, how much did you pay for that birthday cake?)
When you get a chance, check your email.
(Oh excuse me maam, just one more thing...have a great birthday!)

Happy Happy B-day twin!! And thanks for the good wishes! We will be hitting the town tonight....some champagne...a few black russians and then dinner. I should be a bit tipsy by then!! I hope you have a great birthday! Enjoy!!
By the way what time were you born?

And E...I would just go by the book from your childhood and say that Johnny Appleseed was born on September 26th....forget the other stuff you read...what you learned in your childhood was more important!

Re: Re: Happy Birthday CigarGeorge....(&....)

Happy Happy B-day twin!! And thanks for the good wishes! We will be hitting the town tonight....some champagne...a few black russians and then dinner. I should be a bit tipsy by then!! I hope you have a great birthday! Enjoy!!
By the way what time were you born?
10:00 PM. You're noontime if I remember correctly?

Cassa, I would wish you a very happy birthday, except I am too confused....like, about why we are having this discussion about September 26, on November 19.

Well, Happy Burthday anyway!

PS: It should be easy enough for me to remember Sept 26 in future, since my own birthday is Sept 27. (Or is it November 20?)

Happy Birthday! and God bless us, every one.

Thanks so much Ted/Grand Maestro!!

We are already hitting the champagne, so I might sound like an idiot already!!

Anyway, the reason we are discussing September 26th is the fact that it is E's birthday, and for some reason it is my favourite day of the year...I just love the sound of September 26th.........oh..and it is also Johnny Appleseed's Birthdy!

Ok...I think I better slow up on the champagne!!

Thanks again Ted.

Oh!!Freak!! you are younger than me C.G.!!! yuck!!! But hell, it is only by a couple of hours!! Yay!!

Re: Re: Happy Birthday CigarGeorge....(&....)

Is that you, Franco?!? All that celebrating & champagne has kicked in! You typed your name as "Frampc" Glad to see you enjoyed the day! You deserve it!

I am so embarrassed!!!
How the hell did I type Franco that way???? I'm sorry, C.G.
Birthday will be over tomorrow, and there will be no more champagne or black russians................I will be a good cassa once again....

To cassa:

Someone has mentioned before, you have to get a life! Just because you post here and people respond, does not mean that they want your input every day!

Not my board so it's not my place. Will not mention again.

Thanks for sharing, LazyBoy.

I disagree. I love Cassavetes's comments, insights, and sense of humor. She adds a lot of life to this board.

Keep up the wonderful posts, C45!

Thanks E. I appreciate your comments.
I have come to the realization that people will say things on forums that can be quite hurtful. But that is ok. And I will be the first to admit that I post here quite often. I just don't need to have it pointed out to me....obviously I am aware of it. I have grown a thicker skin since I have been on the internet. People will say what they will.
Look...I don't profess to have the wildest and most exciting life in the world. But I will tell you that I would not trade my life with anyone. I have love in my life, from my husband and son and the rest of my family. That is my life. If someone finds fault with it, then I am sorry.
And LazyBoy....I thought we have had some good conversations in the past. But I'm sorry that I have been an annoyance to you.

Of course I can't speak for everyone, but where would this forum be without Cassa's imput? She keeps things ticking over to a large extent. And besides that, her posts are always insightful, funny and above all, polite and friendly. Maybe, instead of criticsing, some of us could look and learn.

thank you paul for your kind and sweet words. you know what those words mean to me.

look, i don't want to turn this into another cassa debate. i am here, and i like talking here. and if i annoy anyone, i am sorry. i don't mean to. ****it! i try to keep on topic most of the time, and i try to keep to the rules. i really apologize if i have annoyed people........i never meant to do that..