The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo's First Name

(this is insane!!! )

Lieutenant

To quote the tele-tubbies

"Again, Again"

Okay maybe not.

God bless,

Matthew

His full name is Arthur Peter Brown Telescope Adrian Blackpool Rock Stoat-Gobbler John Raw Vegetable (whwhwhwhwhuh) Norman Michael (ding ding ding) (tweeet!) Edward (Honk, honk) 'Shubiddy shubiddy shubiddy' (low honk) Thomas 'Oh, we'll keep a welcome in' (BANG!) Williams (rising whistle) 'Rain-drops keep falling on my' (whing!) 'Don't sleep in the subway'(Cuckoo cuckoo) nyeuueneuhuenhuh Smith Columbo.

But you can just call him Ray. Or you could call him Jay. Or you could call him Johnny. Or you could call him Sonny. Or you could call him Ray Jay. Or you could call him R.J. Or you could call him R.J.J. Or you could call him R.J.J.,Junior.

But you doesn't has to call him Johnson.

Re: Re: Columbo's First Name

Omigod! I haven't heard the "You can call me Ray" routine in years! Still funny after all this time. Here's a related trivia question: What's the name of the performer who made that routine famous?

Apologies and a tip o' the hat to Mrs. Peck. I SWEAR, I wrote my above post before I saw your contribution, from earlier today, to the "His name is definitely Frank" thread.

Funny how we both remember it exactly the same way. Talk about a candidate for "Whatever Became Of...?" files...

No problem, that routine still cracks me up years later. I remember when he was doing the beer commericals.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Apologies and a tip o' the hat to Mrs. Peck. I SWEAR, I wrote my above post before I saw your contribution, from earlier today, to the "His name is definitely Frank" thread.

Funny how we both remember it exactly the same way. Talk about a candidate for "Whatever Became Of...?" files...

Ted, I personally find it hysterically funny that you posted the same thing that Mrs. Peck did! Since this particular topic is brought up each and every month,(sometimes twice a month) it is sort of a fate accompli that you repeated the same response!!!

Has anyone else heard the story that when Winston Churchill was in his dotage, someone told him that his fly buttons were undone. He answered: "Don't worry about it. A dead bird never flies from its nest."

This has nothing to do with Col. Um Bo's first name, I just thought I'd tell it.

Never heard that one, but it is a goodie!!

CG, "Raymond J Johnson Jr" was played by Bill Saluga.

But you doesn't has to call him Saluga. You could call him Billie. Or you could call him Sallie. Or you could call him Lugie...

Good job, Ted! I didn't think too many people would know that.