The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Woman Under The Influence

Peter Falk's best performance , in my opinion. This is a great movie. Gena Rowlands should have won an Academy Award for this film. She was nominated though. Peter Falk should have been nominated as well. I thought this was great. Gena Rowlands was very intense in this movie and very disturbed as well. This is one of Peter Falk's best films away from "Columbo". I hope Peter Falk will make another "Columbo" film , I have heard nothing yet. I hope it will happen. The last time I saw Peter , he looked pretty good. Peter Falk has some films in the can , they are

1.Retirement
2.The Book Of Joe
3.3 Days of Rain
4.Checking Out

Peter Falk's latest film "The Thing About My Folks" has still not come to Seattle. It must not be that great!! I will probably have to see it on DVD when it comes out. I hope Peter Falk's other movies will come out next year sometime as well. I enjoy Peter Falk's work on "Columbo" andin films. He is one of a kind , I can't wait for another "Columbo" to be shot. I love Peter Falk , I hope he is happy in life. God Bless and Happy Holidays.

Re: A Woman Under The Influence

ahhh...victoria...you are so right. that movie was passed over because it wasn't a 'hollywood' movie...but darn it, she was fantastic in it...she gave everything she had...she gave her all...and so did peter...he was amazing also...and they did it all for john...they did it for cassavetes....how great!
if that movie came out today it would be nominated and then win an oscar or two.....jc was before his time...but he is laughing now in heaven, cause he knows people apprecitate his work..........................go johnny!!