The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trivia

Oooooh. That's a good one, that is. I'm thinking... I'm thinking...

I don't know. I give up. You've trunked me... I mean, you've trumped me on this one, David!

Very good Headache!

'Ransom For a Dead Man' is one of only two original episodes that I don't have, and I'm also not very familiar with 'Murder, Smoke and Shadows', so I cannot comment on them, but as for the other episodes you mention, the only connection I can come up with is that the killer moves the body to another location in all of them. There is probably something else I am missing though. Are these the only ep's in which the body is moved? Can't think of any others off hand. Good question, David.

Re: Re: Trivia

I thought moving the body was the answer too, or that perhaps the body was moved using a car. But then I realized the Body Was also moved in the original series in the episodes Dead Weight, Double Shock, Any Old Port in a Storm (By Car), A Friend in Deed, An Exercise in Fatality.

For the moment, I'm otherwise stumped on this one myself.

hey guys...take a look at headache's post...the answer is there, between the cryptic remarks.

(headache...i am hopeful that i am not the lone soul in the wind who understands you...) rex, i thought you would 'get it'!

but rex does bring up a good point about any old port in a storm.....doesn't he?

Gregg and Rex came the closest to the answer. In all six episodes, the dead body is transported by means of the killer's car. That is why "Any Old Port in a Storm" is not included. Ric Carsini's body was transported in his own car.

If "Uneasy Lies the Crown" ought to be included on this list, please correct me. I do not remember whether the body of Adam Evans was transported in the car of Wesley Corman or David Sherwin.

David, I thought including "Dagger" was very creative of you. While Sir Roger wasn't actually in the trunk of Nicky's little roadster, he was still inside a trunk which was tied to the car!

ooooo...i didn't think about that idea headache. but very true.

(and i still think you should get some credit...because you got it right from the proverbial 'get-go' )

"Dagger of the Mind" is the reason why I use the phrase "by means of the killer's car" instead of "in the killer's car." Good job.