The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 4th Season DVDs, Merry Christmas!!!!

Eric, I know that "Mary Tyler Moore - Season One" did not sell as well as was predicted or hoped by the company that released the DVD. It took forever for Season Two to appear. The cover art of Season One was really "Blah" (in my most humble of opinions.) But have you seen the cover art for the upcoming Season Three of MTM? YOWZA! (See it on TVshowsonDVD.com) Thing is, this picture of Mary looks very much like she did during the "Dick VanDyke Show" days.

I haven't purchased any of the MTM DVDs yet. Amazon even recently was selling them for $14.99. Half off their regular price. Still didn't purchase them though. As for other TV shows that haven't gotten past Season One on DVD, I'm still on the lookout for more seasons of "Barney Miller". I have the first season of 13 episodes which are all hysterical. But that DVD didn't sell up to expectations either. I'm sure happy that "Columbo" is selling well! I wonder how the ABC years will be packaged?

Oooooooh, IcantwaitIcantwaitIcantwait!

Re: Re: 4th Season DVDs, Merry Christmas!!!!

AMEN to what you said about Barney Miller! I love it
and I can't believe that they haven't come out with the next season which has some really great episodes.
I heard what you said about MTM season 1, but they did eventually come out with season 2 so there is hope about Barney as well.

Barney Miller was great! My father loved that show....he loved Jack Soo...Nick Yemana....and of course Abe Vigoda..Fish.........it was a terrific show...lots of great characters.

Cassa,

On the off-topic of "Barney Miller"... I watched this show with my parents when I was a kid. I hated, Hated, HATED Abe Vigoda's "Fish" character. I thought he was absolutely boring. NOW that I'm older, I get the jokes! Fish is hysterical!

You watched it with your parents?
What is it? Why do I always think you are so much older than me? It must be the Headache mystique....that you are thousands of years old, holding all the wisdom of the ages!!

Fish used to annoy me (and scare me!) a bit when I was younger too, but I just ran with it, because my father liked him so much.
There are a number of Columbo alumni from this show...most notablly James Gregory (The Most Crucial Game and Short Fuse) and Gregory Sierra (the phantom listing in the credits of Publish or Perish, in which he never appeared!!)
And there are also guest shots from.........Vic Tayback, William Windom, Bob Dishy, Bruce Kirby, Nehemiah Persoff, and A Martinez.

oh............love your little fishie!!!